Anyone else getting started... AGAIN?

Options
I could use some friends that are going through the same thing! I promised myself I would never get back here. I worked my butt off going from 220 to 135 in a few years and had a very healthy mindset. Then, I got into a relationship and I got lazy and comfortable... I stepped on the scale yesterday, and I was back at 195

Replies

• toxicjazzparty
    toxicjazzparty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm on the same boat. Back in 2009 I was at my heaviest at 145lbs and then it took me two years to get down to 115lbs because of my small frame and height. I'm almost done with my college career and I'm bummed that I weigh 155lbs now... heavier than I originally was!!! I'm trying to remind myself of the motivation that got me fit in the first place, but I can't seem to remember -_- Here's to a second try though!!!
  • bransko1982
    bransko1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I kind of am too. I was 210 3 years ago, worked really hard and lost about 50 lbs, then last year I put on 20 - 30 again. I'm back at it again and am down 10 lbs in 2 months. My problem was my husband wanted me home more to do "wifey" things and didnt support me being in the gym too often, so I started to slack.... had some other factors in there of course but I got lazy again and started to pack on the weight. Now I'm using this app again because it keeps you accountable for what you're eating... back in the gym regularly, not feeling guilty about it this time :smiley: Been seeing a naturopath to sort out some issues and get my body into great shape, and it's working.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I hear ya...I've been back a while and have lost 20lbs...but it's the "SAME" 20lbs I lost 2 years ago! I am am currently 199...my goal is 150 then I will re evaluate to see if I can get to 130lbs. Please ANYONE PLEASE ADD ME!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat but I have yet to officially start over. I have been on this site again for over a year and I am right where I started. I need to stop saying and complaining about things and start doing!! So I feel you completely! All of you! :)
  • supersonic_oink
    supersonic_oink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :) At least we know what works for us, guys! Let's make this time the time we STAY ON TRACK!
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too. In 2013 I lost about 30 lbs and have gained 25 of it back so now I'm trying to get back at it and lose the original 25 plus the 10 I still had to go before I got lazy again.
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately in the same boat. Not near my peak but in the past 9 months have gained over 40 pounds. Doing better on the exercise but working through a 2nd shoulder injury and the lack of sleep has really put me in a poor mood and bad eating habits. working on it now!
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yep, though I didn't get close to finishing the first time. I gained everything back plus a good 20 pounds extra. Oops.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Got to my goal weight after 2 years of hard work on MFP. I let 1 year of not sticking to my plan go by and I'm about 10lbs from where I was 2 years ago. I even got rid of the clothes when I was at my highest weight but now I have to get bigger clothes again :( Really not good. But we can do this! :) Luckily my fiance is supportive and doesn't judge me...but I always feel the need to stay good looking for him. After all, I'm gonna be stuck with him forever. Lol :) My name is Angie. Yes, I love SW.
  • MommaBear1977
    MommaBear1977 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Same boat here too, the same 20 lbs for the last 3 years.. I need more friends for support and I need to keep myself in check especially when life throws me a curve ball (ie. illness, death, extra stress). Anyone feel free to add me, so we can support and motivate each other..
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yep!!! On my second go around. Only trying to lose about 8 pounds this time, as opposed to the 30 last time, a couple years ago. This site definitely helps if you use it. Feel free to add me.
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Same here too! Got together with a couple of co-workers and did the lifestyle change. Switched all breads and pastas to whole grain, started using sweetener instead of sugar, cut out the soda, drank more water. Lost 30 lbs. The 2 co-workers transferred, I lost interest, had no one to motivate me.

Started here a few years back, joined the gym, ate better and went from my highest weight of 320lbs to 287lbs, felt great. Had some health issues and stopped going to the gym. I have gained almost all of the weight back again and told my husband I need to do something, my clothes are all getting too tight, I am out of breath whenever I do anything, and just pure lazy. I started back 2 weeks ago, am down 3lbs. I know I have a long way to go. My long term goal is to get to 150 (half of me). As of right now I am working on the goal of 275.

Fell free to add me.
  • bjudd04
    bjudd04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting again!!!!! Trying to track my food and getting my butt moving more. Can use friends also to keep me motivated.
  • hlblount77
    hlblount77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well. I just posted almost the same title for the same reasons. I worked my booty off to lose 80 plus pounds and finally did it...only to fall in love and quit smoking. Dang 20 lbs that found me. I am having a hard time with this. I am doing this, coupled with map my fitness and Ideal Shape Up 12 week challenge with a lot of extra cardio. Ughhhhh....guess I need some support???
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't really look at it as 'starting again' because it's been an ongoing journey for me and I know it always will be. There have been times when I completely focused on losing weight, and times when other things in life became a priority. A year ago I just got out of a stressful, long-term relationship and quickly put on some weight when things settled down. I did increase my activity level quite a bit and even lost some inches, but my weight has been the same since August last year.

Fortunately I'm quite happy with my life and I don't feel bad about my body like I used to in the past, but I know I'd feel more comfortable weighing less. Currently my focus is on getting in better shape, so I don't have to struggle so much to catch my breath when riding my bike or going on hikes. Consistency is a big struggle for me. I'm not a naturally sporty person so I get into a fight with myself every time about exercising ;)
  • mwinnett69
    mwinnett69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me! me! me! im starting again. I was on this a couple years back should of stuck with it and worked harder at it and because I didn't i gained another 20 lbs. Sooooo im done with back aches, not sleeping, and most of all NONE of my capries or shorts from just last summer not fitting anymore. I started this time at 208, already lost 9 in a tad over a month.
  • waterpixie4
    waterpixie4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Using this tool(site) to keep me on track. Been running for 4 years but not really moving on the scale. Cutting back on the running (foot issues) and focusing on my diet. In the process of finding other sports to do that keep me active and in the community. I know what I should do, I just need to be accountable and focus on it as a long term life style then the "Oh I need to lose 20 for the summer" My body deserves the care year round. Plus I'm happier when I'm healthy. So yes I'm "starting" again...
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back into it again too. I met my goal a few years ago. I hit a plateau and couldn't lose another 10 pounds. I tried for a couple of months and my weight would not budge. So I became discouraged and decided to take a break. That break turned into a long break and before I knew it, the weight was piling on again. I've had a very hard time finding the motivation to get back into it again. I've been at it for a week now and so far so good. I'm hoping that this time I will not only meet my goal again, but also remain determined not to let myself go again. I want to lose weight, but I also want to be fit and healthy for the long-term. I would certainly appreciate some support.
  • mhealea
    mhealea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey supersonic if you need support and accountability, add me to your friends list and I will do my best to help stay on your journey to a healthier you. You can do this, with the right meal plan and regular workout schedule. Good
    Iuck!!
  • megs983
    megs983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a health issue that made me lose about 100 lbs a couple years ago, but unfortunately I gained all but 20 lbs back:( so far. I really look and feel terrible and want to get down to even less than before- 140lbs. I know I can its just a matter of kicking myself
    Grrrr