Qucik Lunch Ideas??

Options
Hello all... I need help. I am just starting out and I need quick and easy things I can eat for lunch (at my office... where I can't go out.. I have a mini fridge but no freezer). Today I had one of those Starkist tuna (sweet and spicy) plain- but I can't eat tuna every day.

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I used OroWheat Sandwich Thins, and lean turkey breast for sandwiches. I also make extra at dinner time so I can have a healthy lunch the next day. I have also taken frozen dinners and placed them in the fridge, reduced cooking time slightly and it was fine, never had any problems.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Here's what I rely on:
    -salads: made on the weekends so I just have to grab them in the morning
    -hardboiled eggs: made on the weekends and brought in on Mondays, I easily eat a dozen a week in the office alone
    -almonds and sunflower seeds (kept at work)
    -Greek yogurt - stock up!!
    -fruit
    -babybel cheeses
    -instand oatmeals when you're in a bind

I also will make little mini casseroles with black beans, rice, and chicken and then bring them with to work to heat up!
  • OntheShrink
    OntheShrink Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I find that cooking a large meal or two on Sunday, intended for my work week meals helps me plan out portion sizes ( especially if you use the MFP recipe tool). I just purchased a bunch of those plastic to-go containers and I just load 5 of them up with my meals so in the morning I can just grab one and go. It also helps me with meal variety b/c I very rarely cook the same thing twice (unless I loved it!). Also, if you enjoy tuna salad then you can make chicken salad using the store bought canned chicken. And... Trader Joe's makes some really good microwaveable ethnic meals. They are about 300-350 calories and they don't taste like a TV dinner. I hope this helps.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    We have a Mini fridge here too which is usually full with water by other leaving hardly any room.

I like to make a feta, cranberries, walnuts, romaine and cucumber salad. I also sometimes add some left over chicken and it is delish. Raspberry Vinagrette is a great compliment.
    Hello all... I need help. I am just starting out and I need quick and easy things I can eat for lunch (at my office... where I can't go out.. I have a mini fridge but no freezer). Today I had one of those Starkist tuna (sweet and spicy) plain- but I can't eat tuna every day.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am a PB&J fanatic! Quick, easy, and YUMMY!! :happy:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    add 2 tbsp of reduced fat cream cheese to your tuna..DELISH! My personal favorite is the Garden Veggie..

eggs dont take up much room

maybe if you have a cooler, you can keep your drinks in there to make more room for food!
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    Make extra of whatever you're making for dinner the night before and bring it for lunch! I like to make individual pizzas on whole wheat pitta breads.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a big salad, loaded with some extras (like feta and hummus). Make it on Sunday night and just throw some in a container every night for the next day.

I've also been bringing flatbread or pita bread, with some different toppings (like roasted red peppers, hummus, sprouts, falafel)

And, lots f snacks (orange, apple, laughing cow cheese, granola bars, trail mix...)

And agree with another poster - Trader Joe's has awesome everything for lunch