Eat your heart out diet?

Options
Has anyone tried the "eat your heart out diet"?
I have been having such a hard with using to much salt lately. In fact I have been adding salt to everything and I need to STOP! I'm 5'6, 131lbs. and all together have lost 30 lbs. I have been consistently 128lbs. for about 3-4 months, but since I started 30 day shred again, 4 days a week for the past 2 weeks ( after a 4 month working out hiatuses) I have gained 3 lbs. I know your body tends to gain water when you start working out again, but I also feel really bloated and my measurement haven't changed. That makes me believe that my salt intake needs to be lowered. So my plan is to start this diet for a week to cleanse the salt from my system and hopefully stop my huge craving for salt. So my question is..... has anyone tried this diet and had good results? I don't know how to post pictures on the message board otherwise I would post a picture of the diet :( . I would really appreciate some input. THANKS!

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Eat less salt, drink more water. Pee a whole bunch...

Boom... salt "cleansed."
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Tarcyd55 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the "eat your heart out diet"?
    I have been having such a hard with using to much salt lately. In fact I have been adding salt to everything and I need to STOP! I'm 5'6, 131lbs. and all together have lost 30 lbs. I have been consistently 128lbs. for about 3-4 months, but since I started 30 day shred again, 4 days a week for the past 2 weeks ( after a 4 month working out hiatuses) I have gained 3 lbs. I know your body tends to gain water when you start working out again, but I also feel really bloated and my measurement haven't changed. That makes me believe that my salt intake needs to be lowered. So my plan is to start this diet for a week to cleanse the salt from my system and hopefully stop my huge craving for salt. So my question is..... has anyone tried this diet and had good results? I don't know how to post pictures on the message board otherwise I would post a picture of the diet :( . I would really appreciate some input. THANKS!

3lbs... In a normal weight range... 3lbs?

what happens after a week?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I tried to google it, but could only find a blog with links to organic juice and Whole 30 recipes.

I think the easiest way to cut back on salt in your diet permanently is to add more spices and fresh herbs. When food is savory or spicy you really don't need a lot of salt. Salt free seasoning blends like Mrs. Dash are great, but the internet is filled with recipes for making your own blends. And I'd suggest growing your own fresh herbs. Most are really easy to grow and low maintenance and you can grow several in one window sill pot, if space is an issue.
  • WrkinProg55
    WrkinProg55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tried to google it, but could only find a blog with links to organic juice and Whole 30 recipes.

I think the easiest way to cut back on salt in your diet permanently is to add more spices and fresh herbs. When food is savory or spicy you really don't need a lot of salt. Salt free seasoning blends like Mrs. Dash are great, but the internet is filled with recipes for making your own blends. And I'd suggest growing your own fresh herbs. Most are really easy to grow and low maintenance and you can grow several in one window sill pot, if space is an issue.

Basically its a veggie and fruit diet for a week.
    god advice tho!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I googled it and found this

985e160c1f61af393670ff22ae65f9fb.jpg

Apparently it's the cabbage soup diet..

I remember my aunt doing it when I was a teen. It's basically a lower calorie fad diet. It's not really necessary to lose the bloat. Reducing your sodium and drinking more water will be enough for that purpose. With that said, if you still feel you want to try it just to shake up your routine or because you think it may be fun, make sure to count calories all throughout because it's the kind of diet that will either have you overeat (I can eat my weight in fruits) or severely undereat, so keep an eye on that.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    What the *kitten* did I just read? That looks terrible, and if the goal is to cut out salt, I have news about Lipton soup mixes you aren't going to like.

If you're watching your sodium, use less salt, choose fewer high-sodium processed foods, and drink more water. Personally, I wouldn't worry about a temporary three-pound bloat at all. It will resolve on its own.
  • kleighsamboer33
    kleighsamboer33 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it is basically a diet full of protein and carbs. i don't really recommend it. just watch the salt intake and when you do use salt use good salt like himalayan pink salt or celtic grey salt. it is healthier for you and the superior taste may just make you used less of it.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Srsly???

It's more than likely fluid retention from increased exercise. Yes, it can easily have that much impact.

If you're worried about your salt intake, lower it. No need to do some hokey fad diet.