Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newly Wed

cmaurno2015
cmaurno2015 Posts: 14 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So I have struggled with being too thin to just being a few pounds out of my normal comfort zone. I am 5,5 and a half and I have been athletic my entire life. I did gymnastic for 10 years, followed by Cross Country and Track. Today I run several times a week, completed several marathons and even qualified for Boston.

I have been married for almost two years now. I don’t do any serious weight training other than some cross fit workouts and Pilates type classes. However, I keep putting on weight.

Prior to being married I was 5,5 at 117-120 pounds which I thought was a healthy weight. When I was too thin I got down to 108 and that was after dealing with a breakout and my mom struggling with drinking. Now I shot up all the way to 127 now I am maintaining between the 124-125 range. Adding on this additional weight to my small frame feels like a lot and I am super uncomfortable in my clothes.

I work out 5 days a week and make sure to include cardio. I cut out drinking wine during the work week because once we got married that definitely increased and we both realized it wasn’t helping us. However, my job is very DRY. I am in the Information Technology industry and I will start to get anxiety and have a granola bar here and there out of boredom.

Do you have any tips? I want to be back to my pre wedding weight. The drive that I haven’t isn’t what it used to be. When I screw up and eat when I am not hungry I tell myself crazy thoughts that just make the vicious cycle hundred times worse.

So I would have to lose 8 pounds. When I was at my lower weight I didn’t have an office job and was running around in college. Any tips to get the fire and self-control back?

I attached a pic of me recently with the extra pounds

Replies

• geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    So a marriage certificate makes you gain weight? Must have been printed on some heavy card stock. Haha...Just kidding.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    You are eating more than what your body needs to maintain its weight.

get a food scale, weigh your food. Log your into into MFP for a .5 pound loss per week (it doesn't sound like you have much to lose, so it will take time and you have to go slow)
  • cmaurno2015
    thank you very much!
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 343 Member
    I think you look beautiful just saying!! Congrats on the marriage :)
  • cmaurno2015
    You are very sweet. Thank you :) I shouldn't really use the marriage as my excuse. I am the only one to blame. LOL
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    You may want to remove the picture, or post one that doesn't have your names on it.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    I gained weight when I got married . Instead of spending as much time with my, I was spending more time with my husband. Maybe try adding strength training to your fitness regime, it will help you lose the size that is making your clothes uncomfortable.

Congrats on the wedding.
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    It could also have something to do with your age. Like if before you got married you were in your early 20s and now you're a bit older the body can react differently to the same routine.
  • cmaurno2015
    you guys are awesome. I think the age is a huge part. Mid twenties now.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    I find that big life events, especially the ones worth celebrating, cause weight gain. Since my marriage and after the recent birth of our first child, I've put on close to 40 pounds above my ideal weight. Family keeps visiting and, of course, we aren't going to stop drinking amazing beer and wine and eating good food. It kind of sucks, but rules at the same time. And, then, there's always the "I'm hitched so what do I need to look good for" kind of justification that I hear my friends say and... well... I sort of use that as an excuse to eat whatever I want (although, I despise the weight gain).

I don't know what's going to motivate you, but it's about dedicating yourself to the cause and being consistent. Consistency is the only thing, whether you're trying to bulk or shrink, that has worked for me.
  • cmaurno2015
    funny you mention that. The week we got married we moved from South FL to Kansas!! We never seen snow...and we were introduced to BIG WINTERY Clothes and BBQ! Our new jobs took us out to try new BBQ then when family came to visit (Several times) we had to take them out as well!

Also, we had several snow days where we couldnt even leave the house. I am sure that add up. Thanks justin for they response. Very helpful.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Man, oh, man. Winter. I seem to be on a trend where I start gaining weight in late fall (school starting back up, Halloween, Thanksgiving... leads into Christmas, New Year's, our anniversary, Valentine's Day, all of the family visits... THE COLD WEATHER and staying indoors) and start losing in Spring. Living somewhere with snow can be absolutely deadly, in terms of weight loss.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    funny you mention that. The week we got married we moved from South FL to Kansas!! We never seen snow...and we were introduced to BIG WINTERY Clothes and BBQ! Our new jobs took us out to try new BBQ then when family came to visit (Several times) we had to take them out as well!

Also, we had several snow days where we couldnt even leave the house. I am sure that add up. Thanks justin for they response. Very helpful.
    Those are the best days to leave the house. Building snow forts and launching snowballs from behind the safety of your snow walls. Tackling your friends and rubbing their faces in the snow. Sledding down a local hill. Then when you're frozen and soaking you go inside for some hot cocoa.