Recipes please!!

hi everyone! I'm Brianna. Just looking to get some really yummy but healthy recipes that my family can eat and enjoy as well even though they aren't dieting. Can't wait to read some of the recipes you send! Thanks!

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    There is a recipes section on this forum:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited April 2015
    There's a board devoted to recipes here on MFP.

You've asked a massively open ended question. If you want useful answers you might consider narrowing it down a bit. What kinds of foods does your family like to eat? What do you consider healthy? Any foods you try to avoid?

• vanraamsdonkb
    vanraamsdonkb Posts: 10 Member
    Lol sorry about that. I guess I'm being open minded to maybe some of other people's favorite things to eat when they are watching what they are eating. Healthy as in not too much carbs, a balanced meal... Won't make you feel like you just ate a huge greasy meal. I'm italian so pasta and bread and very fattening food is always in the mix. So I'm willing to try anything!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    There is nothing wrong with bread and pasta. It's really all about portion control. Instead of a plate full of pasta with a small serving of veggies or a salad, have a lot of veggies and salad and a small serving of pasta.

As to recipes, there are lots of healthy cooking blogs. Read around the boards here and get some ideas. If you see something that sounds good, maybe ask specifically about that. There's a thread right now about what people eat for dinner that would be a great pace to get ideas.

I really just recently tried this Chipotle Orange Pork Tacos and really liked them.
  • apattonfit
    apattonfit Posts: 16 Member
    Simple easy one is! Sauté chicken breast in low sodium soy sauce, add any veggies and cooked Brown rice for a stir fry!!! I also add cumin, garlic and and crushed red pepper for a kick!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Check www.skinnytaste.com for recipes
    www.cookinglight.com
    www.eatingwell.com
    www.slenderkitchen.com

Those are some great resources to have.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    For a special,treat I take a frozen banana with a Tbsp,of chocolate protein powder and pulse it with a bit of almond milk....seems like a soft serve ice cream...don't over pulse or you'll have chocolate soup