Feet shrinkage with weight loss????

Options
Okay... so my favorite running shoes are starting to almost flop even when double laced. Are my feet really getting this much smaller. I know go try on shoes... so I guess the question is what is your foot shrinkage?

Thanks,
Kelly

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds and half a US shoe size. I wasn't prepared for that, but yes it happens!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25lbs from my heaviest and while I didn't lose quite a half size some shoes that were too tight when I was bigger fit now.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Am i the only one here with no foot shrinkage. I have lost around 120 lbs, and the whole time i have been an 11.5 wide. I have lost everywhere but my feet.
  • sconnaway42
    sconnaway42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost half a size to a full size...I lost about 30 lbs. Used to wear 7.5s to 8s and just recently i couldn't figure out why trying on 7.5s were too big. Now my range is 7 to 7.5. I would have never thought I had fat to lose in my feet!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i wish my feet would shrink :/ LOL
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Ninety pounds down and half a size down.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have not tried on a new pair of shoes, but I'm down 50lbs, and all of my shoes definitely feel a bit more loose. I can tell that my feet/toes are a little skinnier as well since they don't look like bread loaves anymore, and actually have a little definition.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I lost 100lbs and went from a size 15EEEE to a size 12.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I am hoping my calves get smaller so I can get fun boots. I have not noticed my feet getting smaller but it does make sense if you have a lot of water retention that your feet and ankles would swell then go down as you lose the water....
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Went down 1/2 size after 40+ pounds. Odd isn't it??
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I went down about a half size after losing nearly 30 lbs. It's odd, but my doctor said that the additional weight on your body spreads your feet out (so you'd think you'd just have a wider foot) and when you lose weight you can definitely go down in shoe size.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    1/2 a size for me.