Benefits of drinking water?

Options
For those of you who drink your 8 cups or more of water/fluid per day, are there benefits for your skin? Specifically, will it make your skin be more hydrated? If so, how long would one need to be drinking that much water before they notice a difference?

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will notice a definite change in your skin if you stay hydrated. It can take a few weeks before your body adjusts to the new amount of water intake.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Is this thread a joke?
  • pinklark
    pinklark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice that my skin feels much more hydrated when I drink a lot of water. I usually average around 10-11 cups a day.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Definitely, on an average day I have 4 litres of water. If I have say 2 litres I notice it in my skin mainly, I look drained and tired, feeling fatigue and generally *kitten*
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Is this thread a joke?

No, it is not a joke. I am seriously curious because I have been trying to drink a lot of water each day, but still have dry skin so I wanted to know if I should expect that to change, and if it will, how long it takes - weeks, months, a year?
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good. Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. But don't expect over-hydration to erase wrinkles or fine lines, says Atlanta dermatologist Kenneth Ellner, MD.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I, as a former acne sufferer, have DEFINITELY noticed a large improvement in my skin now that I drink 10-11 8oz glasses a day. I also notice that I sleep better and urinate more. :smiley:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I feel like "not dying" ranks high on the pro side of consuming water. Otherwise I haven't notice a tremendous difference between LOTS of water- and a meh amount.