Feeling guilty and physically ill...

agartin
agartin Posts: 274 Member
I began again on my weight loss about 3 weeks ago. Roughly two weeks ago, I noticed every time I ate I would immediately feel a strong sense of guilt and also feel ill. Like sick to my stomach. I even went as far as to visit my dr who did labs and determined everything is fine. I'm convinced this is more mind over matter because it happens regardless if I eat a slice of pizza or a salad. I just wonder if I'm alone in this feeling.. It's driving me crazy. :s

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    I used to feel guilty earlier in my journey when I thought there was such things as *bad* food and *good* food. It was very psychologically ingrained. Maybe instead of a doctor a counselor would be better? Or a dietitian?
  • badgermama220
    badgermama220 Posts: 22 Member
    I had a similar experience with feeling sick (not the guilt) when in the depths of anorexia. What started as not eating due to high stress and subsequent appetite, grew into feeling incredibly nauseous every time I did eat - even when I wanted to, and knew I had to in order to become a healthy weight!
    I would start a separate food diary, and see if you can find any patterns. Maybe there is a food that is triggering the sick feeling?