Stretch marks

Options
Does anyone have any remodies or know anything can help with stretch marks that can at least help them fade after losing some weight now thank god I have gotten stretch marks and i don't like how it looks :|

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Everyone heals differently due to genetics.

I find when I was going through a major growth spurt and getting very tall, Bio Oil helped a lot.
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's a bit pricey, but I have a couple of friends who have had pretty good success using Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy cream. And yes, they were very old stretch marks (20+ years).
  • jaorti95
    jaorti95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you ladies I'll look into both and where do u get the bio oil and mederma stretch mark cream
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm trying coconut oil.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm using Dr. Palmer's Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks right now - can get it at any store, Wal-Mart, etc. The key is to be consistent using it and to know it takes a lot of time and they will never truly go away.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    You can't get "rid" of them, but you can camouflage them. The expensive creams claiming to rid the body of them are false since they are actually scars (ever see anyone get rid of a scar?). Weight loss helps to "thin" them out, tanning to help reduce the visible lines, but a good camouflage cream will make them seem invisible.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Libsw1994
    Libsw1994 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter is really good too!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I agree with ninerbuff. Stretch marks are made of scar tissue, scars do not heal.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't know any way to get rid of them, but I just wanted to remind you that everyone has stretch marks and they are 100% normal and natural. Some people can get very upset with their stretch marks, but it can help to just remember everyone has them. Plus, think of them like natural tattoos. How cool is that?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You can't get "rid" of them, but you can camouflage them. The expensive creams claiming to rid the body of them are false since they are actually scars (ever see anyone get rid of a scar?). Weight loss helps to "thin" them out, tanning to help reduce the visible lines, but a good camouflage cream will make them seem invisible.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    Legit scars can be removed pretty well by laser treatments

Had one done on my face, it hurt seeeew bad!
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bio oil for sure. Just read the reviews on Walmart.com, i was watching a youtube video of a girl who lost weight and recommended it. I purchased one but havent used it yet because i waiting to lose half my goal weight first. Its a small bottle for like $12 but i read it goes a long way
  • kern11
    kern11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    go tanning.
  • jaorti95
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Sorry I never got back but I will take your advice n I know there natural and we will have them but I hate how mine are in my butt area :c lol
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    only laser works on stretch marks, and not all that well. everything else is cosmetic. but still worth moisturizing if you re up for it because it makes your skin feel nice. but no point in spending too much for that, just get any moisturizer
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What about blood blisters? I have hundreds of little blood red dots in my fatty area. Probably only laser, huh? I do wish they were more like freckles and less like blood filled moles.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Over time, stretch marks fade until they are barely noticeable at all any more. Mederma will help because it has some substances extracted from onions that help break down the scar tissue. I however can't use it because it itches me. Cocoa butter is good to keep your skin moisturized and in good shape. So is vitamin E oil. Taking good care of your skin helps scars etc to heal faster, and stretch marks are a type of scar. Know what's funny? I have what look like "reverse" stretch marks (they stick IN, not out) on my boobs where I lost a cup size. :X Goodness! I think I'll buy some cocoa butter myself!
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Time. :)

I've been getting stretch marks since I was 16ish, and those have faded to almost nothing.

But honestly, it's generally something we just have to live with.
  • jaorti95
    Options
    I feel your guyses feels :( but thank you for helping me out !