Replies

• lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Thanks again! !
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't wash my hair every day. The days I don't wash my hair I just rinse it with water in the shower and add conditioner to the ends. I have dry shampoo, too. I'm also a blonde by choice and I do a coconut oil treatment on the ends every few weeks to keep it from getting too dry.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    mk2loser wrote: »
    I use Suave's version of Moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner. I'm also a "decided" blonde with short hair. This works well for me without breaking the bank.

I started using this too and I love it. My hair isn't nearly as dry as it used to be. I still wash every day. Once a week I use the neutrogena clarifying shampoo, but just on my roots.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    If I were you I would use a cap in the pool, especially if you're doing it daily. The chlorine may not turn your hair green, but I'm sure it won't be nice to your color.

As far as dry shampoo, herbal essences makes a cheap one and I was shocked that it works wonderfully. And I have thick, curly hair. Always looks shiny and smells nice, without making it too flat. Plus it doesn't get the buildup that a lot of other dry shampoos tend to cause.

I have curly hair too. How do you get the dry shampoo powder out of your hair? This is the issue I have had with dry shampoo since I don't brush my hair at all and don't comb it when dry.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I train 6 days a week, I have long hair (natural blonde) and I sweat like crazy. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week after workouts, and on other days I'll rinse and condition. I never blow dry, I just braid it and let be. Yes, even in winter!
    I use Dove shampoo and conditoner, and neutrogena cleansing once every 2 weeks.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've got fine lightened hair (not bleach but as light as) I wash my hair everyday and just use herbal essences bee strong shampoo and conditioner. These really suit my hair and considering my hair is so colour treated it's in really good condition.
  • pcrucifer
    pcrucifer Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Even on days I shower twice, I only shampoo once. A good rinse with water is enough to flush out the salt from sweating.
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I only shampoo 2-3 times per week and I sweat hard at the gym. I don't rinse either, just blow dry my sweaty hair for a couple minutes. My husband thinks that's gross, but my hair doesnt get oily until the 3rd day, plus it's not dry even though i color it.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair twice a week. I let it air dry after my workouts. For blondes, I've found baby powder is the cheapest "dry shampoo" I can find, and I prefer the texture of my hair using it more than many dry shampoos. Just sprinkle on, and brush out! Gives great volume too.

I should add that I use to wash my hair daily, but spend 6 months trying to break the cycle of washing my oily hair, removing the oil, so my scalp produces more oil, and so on. My hair is less greasy than it used to be!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I get super sweaty. I wash my hair every day with soap I make myself. If I was forced to use store bought shampoo I would probably use burt's bees.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    What's this shampoo stuff you speak of??