Too shy to run?.

Options
2»

Replies

• VeggieStef
    VeggieStef Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    GO!!!!!!!!!!!! No one will be judging you. When I am out running and I see another runner I think “OH! Hi! Yay! A runner! You go girl” I never think “oh you really suck at this”. Go and have fun. It is so good for your mind and body. After you get comfortable you won’t feel like people are watching you. And they aren’t!!! I hope you love it.
  • VeggieStef
    VeggieStef Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh and yes totally echo the Couch to 5k recommendations! Gives you a clear and solid plan.
  • fallenoaks4
    fallenoaks4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    rrowdiness wrote: »
    Addressing various questions:

Groups - there are many running / jogging clubs out there, all of whom welcome new members. It can be a little intimidating when you really serious runners, but they are all focussed on their own thing and tend to be pretty happy to meet other people who run. They'll also help you out. Everyone's been there, everyone's started somewhere.

This is what I was going to suggest. Find a beginner's running group.
  • northernbelle2
    northernbelle2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am like that too! But I'm slowly getting more comfortable- what's really helped me is that I bought some work out clothes that make me feel good about myself .. And I feel that even if I am struggling that I look good doing it! Idk why but it is a confident booster to feel good with the way I look to work out rather then just wearing frumpy clothes that make me feel even bigger!