Sharing diaries for 1200-1400 calories per day

Options
124»

Replies

• rhidis87
    rhidis87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm really active, strength train 3 times a week, cardio between 4 and 5 times a week and I JUST started dieting and I'm trying to stay between 1200 and 1400 calories. I used to eat somewhere between 2600 and 3k a day probably while not counting. And I really thought I would be hungrier. I haven't had any problem staying within my range. I'm on day 16 now and I had maybe 1 or 2 days of hunger and now I eat a little bit every few hours, high protein low calorie foods. I just don't understand why its considered unhealthy? I feel perfectly fine, no weakness. Actually, I feel stronger, benching 100 lbs and squatting my normal 135. I just see a TON of people on here that seem to judge harshly for maintaining around 1200 to 1400 a day, saying that isn't enough. I think that every person knows their own body. I have really been trying to listen to mine and so far I think I've done really well. If I needed more I would not be able to go as hard as I am at the gym. I think a lot of it depends on what you're eating. One person's 1200 calories may not be the same as another's.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine is open too, 1200 and eat back exercise cals. I'm slack at logging milk in tea though so probably closer to 1300 ;)

Have lost an average of 0.5 lbs per week, so no extreme dieting here...!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200 - 1400 range, although I just upped my goal to 1400 since I'm 5 lbs away from maintenance. With exercise I usually get about 1500 - 1600 calories, but I don't always eat my net back.
  • racmactac
    racmactac Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me x
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Mine is public at about 1450 calories a day. Would love to connect with others and get ideas and inspiration!