Hi! Looking online friends to keep me motivated!

Options
I've started dieting last week, but started weighing Saturday past, I have actually lost 2lbs so far already, will weigh again this Saturday coming. I am probably around 5 stone over weight? I am lynsey, aged 25, height 5ft 3inches, currently weighing 14st 5lbs. I just had my second child in January this year. I'm desperate to lose the weight, I'm so unhappy with my body for the last 10 years. I need to do this for myself. I need motivation. Any tips would be great and would love to make new friends!

Replies

• quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - i've lost about 80 lbs. and i'm still going.

first piece of advice is don't call it a diet, as it's a lifestyle change. calling it a diet will discourage and depress you and if you've got binge eating disorder, you will find it much harder to not binge.

second piece of advice is follow your calorie counter and your macros. weigh your food. commit. don't give up - you can and will do it!
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks, I will add you, and that sounds about right not calling it a diet, I have said to myself before actually, it's not a diet it's a healthier life style. That helps me. So your 100% right there! Also well done on your weight loss!
  • quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thanks so much!

know that it'll be hard. it won't always be easy - you'll sweat and some days you'll want to cry because you're so exhausted.

don't punish yourself or your body. your body is why you're here! it isn't a child with their hand caught in a cookie jar. there's no need to take out your anger and frustration on yourself.

no matter where your road leads you, i hope you end up happy! :)
  • annabrigid
    annabrigid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i'm new too.
    Firstly congrats on your baby. How old? Maybe 3 months or so?
    Be kind to yourself.

I'll join you. (If youll have me!) i have about 5 stone to loose too.
    I'm just learning how to navigate around this site.

Anyhoooo. Bedtime now. And tomorrow, i will knuckle down.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options

You're very sweet thanks! It's definately not easy, the food I'm eating isn't too bad, I do crave bad foods but I never give in to it. Just thinking of a slimmer body and thinking how much more active I'll be and can fit in nice clothes. Sick of looking in the mirror and thinking how horrible I look
  • sgmfp2015
    sgmfp2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'm new too, would be happy to join you.
  • stephaniasantos
    stephaniasantos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on the baby! :)
    I'm Stephanie and I also need online friends to keep me motivated, I don't have children but I want to get in shape soon, I'm also a little frustrated with my body. But we'll get there!! :)
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    Hi both you, I'll add yous both up!
  • JadeStanford
    JadeStanford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have added you! Also looking to add people to motivate me! I started working out one month ago and have lost 8lbs so far! Anyone else feel free to add me :)
  • ThatCountryGal
    ThatCountryGal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi all, feel free to add me :)