sodium/bloating weigh-in nightmare

rfcollins33
rfcollins33 Posts: 630
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
ok, so I had to cook these ribs (smoked pork spare ribs) because they were about to be out of date. I'm under calorie total and I weigh in tomorrow. BUT, this sodium is going to make me bloat up =. Any suggestions on how to cut down on the bloating and weigh in accurately?? Help, guys!! :) BTW, I am drinking water frantically right now once I felt my fingers tightening after I finished eating. Any other suggestions?
oh and does the chugging of water even help this?

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Yep, chug chug chug. Sometimes it takes a few days for your water weight to go away. I usually will just weigh in on my usual day, but not sweat it if the scale is higher than it should be.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I also just looked @ your diary. You aren't too far over on sodium at all. I went over by 1500 on sodium yesterday and still showed a loss this morning. My offical weigh in isn't until Saturday though.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Just keep slamming that water! It will help, but not instantly. Don't fret about it-you know what is causing any rise you see in the scale after the ribs.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    I double my water on high sodium days. I dropped the 4 lbs of water weight my muscles retained from heavy exertion this weekend over night! You felt your fingers tighten right after eating? That seems awfully fast considering the sodium needs a bit of time to get into your system.
  • rfcollins33
    I double my water on high sodium days. I dropped the 4 lbs of water weight my muscles retained from heavy exertion this weekend over night! You felt your fingers tighten right after eating? That seems awfully fast considering the sodium needs a bit of time to get into your system.

YES!! the same thing happens when I eat Chinese, maybe a little tightening at first, but by the next morning, I have to try to pry my rings off. I am a small person, maybe that's why? (small in height, I mean :P )
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    YES!! the same thing happens when I eat Chinese, maybe a little tightening at first, but by the next morning, I have to try to pry my rings off. I am a small person, maybe that's why? (small in height, I mean :P )

WOW!
  • rfcollins33
    Thanks guys, sounds like the water and being easy on myself at WI are the keys here. So, no magic cure, but I'm okay with that. The best idea would have been to cook them and to eat them tomorrow, but with them eaten already, I will do the best I can by drinking water. Thanks!
  • Jassper
    Jassper Posts: 25

Sounds more like a food allergy to me - Possibly peanut oil?
  • marciml
    marciml Posts: 41

Sounds more like a food allergy to me - Possibly peanut oil?

I do the same thing everytime I eat anything high in sodium. I feel it in my fingers and around my eyebrows within any hour or two. I think we are normal, just super sensitive after not having much sodium for so long.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I find the opposite, I get water retention and my hands swell up when I cut down my sodium.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Yes, it'll help. I ate snow crab legs last night and they are high in sodium. I made sure I drank a TON of water afterward and you know what? My weight was down again this morning.

So. Drink. Drink. Drink. :)
This discussion has been closed.