Been on here for a week and loving it.

Options
Learning a healthy lifestyle is hard and a little confusing. Been eating horrible my whole life and trying to re train my brain on eating and thinking healthier. Just started seeing a nutritionist for gastric bypass surgery. I would love to find some friends on here going thru the same thing to have someone to talk to about it and help each other

Replies

• Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth, I'm another newbie so feel free to shoot me a friend request if you want...

To me, any form of surgery for weight loss is the all out nuclear option, and failing some physical condition that requires it, it shouldn't be considered. It's too extreme!

We all have to start somewhere though, I've a similar amount of weight to lose like you and through getting a kick up the backside to do something about it I've started and the weight is already coming off.... You can do it, whatever you decide to do. Just stay positive!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm not going through the same thing.... but wanted to say WELCOME TO MFP!!
    There is a lot to learn, and some food items will amaze you how many calories they have.
    Just keep on logging Everything the best you can. It is to help you understand nutrition.
    Good Luck.
  • ELIZABETHMARIEMOFFITT
    Options
    Thank you. I have been learning about how much calories are in a lot of food that I never paid attention to before.
  • ckendra38
    ckendra38 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just wanted to share with you how I got into all this crazy awesome stuff! I started out thinking that I just wanted to lose weight, that I wanted to be miss skinny Minnie that looks good in shorts and crop tops. But you know what? I don't even like crop tops! So I realised I was looking at this the wrong way. I don't want to be miss skinny pants. I want to be at work without running out of breath after 10 minutes! I want to be fit and healthy!! In order for that I need to eat healthy AND exercise! When I started looking at it this way it made everything sooo much easier.

It's your body and your the boss, not food! Good luck!!