Trying a pescetarian diet for (at least) 2 weeks. Anyone wan

Options
marie_2454
marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
For anybody who's not familiar with the term pescetarian, it's basically a vegetarian diet that includes fish, other seafood, and may or may not include dairy and eggs. I ate this way for a little over 6 months and felt a lot healthier, but it got hard to stay away from the convenience of things like chicken strips and deli meats and I resorted back to normal/regular eating. Anyways, I'd like to go back to eating this way since I feel a lot healthier when I cut out processed meats (which is what I would usually eat :frown: ). I'm also against the overall way that chickens, cows, pigs, etc...are treated, but I'll refrain from getting on my soap box. So is anyone interested in trying this with me? Anyone's welcome to just friend me and we can give each other support! :happy:

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I did this for three years and was in the best shape of my life. Id be willing to try it again for a little while anyway. I love chicken, and perdue is known for being without the hormones and steroids.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, I have been a pescetarian for about 5 or 6 years now, I love it and for some reason my skin has never looked better. I won't get on my soapbox either but I am pretty much in agreement there too. My doctor says I have never been healthier as well so it's good to know if you eat well and a variety you don't miss any nutrients by not eating meat. Friend me if you like and anyone else who is doing this too!! I don't have many pescetarian friends on here.
  • staggysharl
    Options
    i like the sound of that would u b able 2] list a few things ur allowed so i can get them in wen i go shopping,

i had a bad week this week bn excercising but eating alot of junk!

hope u r well

many thanxs

sharl xxx
  • diameterk
    diameterk Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been a pescetarian for about 15 years now. It's an awesome way to eat. I sometimes dabble in turkey at holidays for tradition sake, but I just don't care for the taste of meat other than fish. With hormones and the way animals are treated before they are killed - I don't believe in the healthy energy transferred from an animal that has been so disrespected in my body. I've been at a steady healthy slim weight for that 15 years. I come from a family of red meat lovers that are all overweight. :) whatever support you need... I got your back, girl!
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It is very healthy. I normally eat organic meat and fish. I could live off seafood entirely if it weren't so expensive. :)
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian going on 7 years, i was a pescetarian for a while as i stepped down to being a vegan which i was for a year - i like cheese - so that didn't work out for long. This is the easiest time to be a vegetarian since there are so many meat replacement products, if you are not allergic to gluten you are good to go. My initial reason for doing it had to do with GMO foods, but now its just the way i eat. I am however overwight and an example that just not eating meat does not equal healthy. Good luck with this, i think that being a woman is to your advantage with this type of diet because soy is great for women.