Don't understand % of foods

Options
how do you keep your fat intake down when you still have to reach the goals ? Also does everyone have 20% protein ?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I changed my protein. But I lift weights and cardio 5 days a week and protein is essential.
    Alot of people like to do Low Carb and will change carbs and fat for this particular purpose.

I am always in the red on one of the macros. No matter how I eat, the calories never mesh up... Don;t worry, carry on, unless you want to manually change them..

You do not have to worry about the macros when loosing weight. MFP defaults these values based on your goals and of course the minimum requirements needed to attain your diet.

• hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I figured out my correct macros and changed them from what MFP set, but I always have trouble hitting my fat personally. If you want to do some research on how to figure out your macros you can change them to something you think is a little more fitting. I know my automatic MFP ones were quite a bit different than they are now.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    40 30 30 40grams of fiber, 1500mg sodium
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I do macros not percentages. If I lower or raise calories it's usually by changing my carbs, whilst maintaining protein and fat

If you're trying to eat less of something look at your diary and find the main sources of that macro.... Then eat less of them or find substitutes
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    My protein goal is closer to 25% at maintenance. I eat a lot of chicken, yogurt and legumes for protein--all of which are low fat. To get enough fat, I go to nuts and seeds. I'm totally ok with having the odd day with 40% fat, though.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You can customise the goals for what works best for you. I've played around with it a lot, and my body seems to like 45% carbs, 30-35% protein, 20-25% fats, so thats what I usually stick to now.