Trying not to give up!

Options
I am almost 110 days into this journey and down about 20 pounds. I have to admit though that the last 3 weeks have been horrible. I was sick for week and I let that give me an excuse not to eat right and work out. That one week quickly turned into 2 which has snowballed into 3. I have not gained yet, but I know I am on a slippery slope to letting that lazy side of me win. The pathetic part is that I know I don't feel as good now as I did when I was working out and eating right. I am FAR more tired and my moods have been horrible. Writing this is my version of a virtual dope slap for myself. I have to let the guilt over the last 3 weeks go and remember why I started this journey!

Replies

• annabella2151
    annabella2151 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd say try to forget about the last few weeks and don't get down on yourself. Just take small steps to get back on track. You don't have to change all at once, but I think if you just go to the gym once or twice you'll start feeling your motivation coming back. And great job so far! 20 lbs is a real accomplishment!
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    20 lbs lost is great! Keep it up! Even if you don't find time for the exercise you can still keep your diet going. You cannot fail if you don't give up!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    NO GUILT!!! It is a bad thing. When you slip, just get right back. You have done it for 110 days and lost 20 pounds which is wonderful. You can do this and you are worth the time and effort.
  • MommaBear1977
    MommaBear1977 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No Guilt, don't look bad, you can only go forward and you owe it to your future self!! Feel free to add me for motivation and support.
  • elizabethcook5
    elizabethcook5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    20 lbs gone is a huge accomplishment and you can get back into the swing of things. Do not let this time turn into a relaspe of old habits. You will feel better if you just get off the couch and get moving ..good luck
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    You have done great so far, don't throw it all away. Nip it in the bud now that it's only 3 weeks of "bad" eating as opposed to later on down the road.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You've come so far! Think about how hard those first 20 pounds were to lose...if you slide back now and regain them, you'll have to start all over! It's so much easier to keep moving forward than to take huge steps backward ad have to back track and start all over again!
    Since you've slipped up a little, try easing back into it. Set small goals, with small rewards in place. Maybe your first goal is just to stay within your calorie goal for 2 days. If you do that, reward yourself with something small, non-food related, such as buying yourself your favorite magazine. Then you can go from there. Next your goal could be staying within your calorie goal for 5 days. And then once you have the food back under control, add back in the exercise in the same way. Slowly build back up to where you were. Start with a goal of 2 workouts a week and then increase once you reach that goal until you are back to where you want to be!
    Another good way to motivate yourself is through progress pictures. Look at images of yourself 20 pounds ago, and then currently, and see how much your body has changed! That can be an awesome motivation to get back on the horse and keep moving forward! You can also make yourself a little vision board. Fill a piece of paper with inspiring images and quotes, and a list of all the reasons you want to get healthier and lose weight, and then hang it somewhere you will see it everyday! It's like a daily little pep talk from you to you! :)
    Ask your friends and family for support and accountability. Ask them to check in with you each day and ask how things went. Knowing you are accountable to someone can help make healthier choices a little easier!
  • bshrom
    bshrom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There is No guilt here honey seriously pick yourself up right now! From this moment right now no more feelings of guilt it's over done with you did it it sucked but now it's time to come back from it full force! No joke wake up tomorrow have a great breakfast maybe a walk after breakfast and reign things back in! We've all been there :) Good luck!
  • heathervazquez75
    heathervazquez75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You got to put that behind you and reset! Set new goals! State your motivation! Don't slip back into your old ways! You are strong person and you can start all over right now! Do it for your kids! Don't you want to live a long healthy life for them? Don't you want to be a good example for them? Imaging fitting into your goal outfit! Be that person that got it together, lost the weight and kept it off! It takes serious dedication and motivation. Be the person you always wanted to be!! No excuses! You have one body, one life! Don't take it for granted!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Guilt won't help, and three bad weeks will not destroy all those new habits you've been acquiring. Start over, you can do this....You could change your goals, prepare new things and if working out is the problem start slowly again....

You can do this!