Lack of motivation

Options
my motivation is slipping and I really don't wanna go back into old habits, I want to change my life, but it's week three and it's getting harder.

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What's your program. Perhaps you're restricting yourself too much?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    my motivation is slipping and I really don't wanna go back into old habits, I want to change my life, but it's week three and it's getting harder.

well yeah, it gets harder.

you ever play video games? i love them. the first level is always kind of the tutorial level. you learn some moves, figure out the basics. little by little the game gets harder. it's okay, because as you move forward, you learn new skills, pick up new pieces of equipment, and pretty soon the moves you've learned are becoming muscle memory, and you just do what you need to do.

life and fitness can be a lot like video games.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry to say but there is no ticket to "Easy Town" here... You have to put in the work...You have to put the bad day you re having away and move forward..

Nice words from strangers will help for the current minute you are reading and hopefully provide thought provoking ideas..

I think week four might be better as long as you have the right attitude towards this.. :):)

@Capt_Apollo I like the video game analogy.. I play video games a lot...

• pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sometimes what helps me is considering all the changes I've been doing... Today I had to have some regular coke, low blood sugar, and I realized I actually don't like it, or when I go out I have selfcontrol. This always helps me.... This journey is not about a scale number, or body fat %, is about those changes that will last forever....

Also, as someone said before, if you are restricting yourself too much you will find the journey way harder.... Hang in there.... The first month is difficult, but you'll see that as the days pass things will be a little easier. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1lb a week is a rough rule of thumb you cna use to help you realise how long your journey might take. If you are faltering at week 3, then you probably need to look at what you are doing as well as your level of commitment.

The trick is not to set yourself unrealistic targets, but to go for slow consistent loss that you cna sustain from beinning to end. You may be setting too agressive a target or you may just not be commited enough. Focus on small achievable targets.
  • KimsTakingControl
    KimsTakingControl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once you start losing pant sizes and hear all the wonderful compliments it will make you more motivated than ever. You just have to push yourself to that point. There are no diets that will make you skinny. Its a lifestyle change. You can do it! Add me if you want support!