im hungry

Options
ofcansky
ofcansky Posts: 9 Member
Im john and im a food junkie.....not just jumk food i have no rhyme or reason ..... i just like to eat.......like it was my job

Replies

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hi John. I'm Claire and I'm a food junkie too. :smile:
  • ofcansky
    Options
    This ap really opens my eyes nice to meet u
  • techgal128
    Options
    I think most of us are here because we like food (maybe a little too much!). Remember to eat what you like but keep it in moderation. Just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I'll stop eating pizza and ice cream! :D
  • ramdihal33
    ramdihal33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have two kids, 8 and 10. So as you can imagine, loots of snacks in the house. Had the same problem. Bought a large package of protein bars from Costco. When I have the urge to snack, I take 1/4 of a bar and eat it very very slowly. Working for me so far.
  • techgal128
    Options
    ramdihal33 wrote: »
    I have two kids, 8 and 10. So as you can imagine, loots of snacks in the house. Had the same problem. Bought a large package of protein bars from Costco. When I have the urge to snack, I take 1/4 of a bar and eat it very very slowly. Working for me so far.

Darn kids and their delicious food.
  • ofcansky
    Options
    I wish i could do protein bars or shakes but i get gout attacks and high protein diets cause flare ups and its the worst pain i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Bad day for me! I ate 20 little mini white powdered donuts. I guess you could say big big meltdown. The donuts are now gone, so better day for me tomorrow!
  • ofcansky
    Options
    Ill trade you.... i had a grapefruit
  • BreR7906
    BreR7906 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ramdihal33 wrote: »

I also have two kids (11 & 9) and will definitely have to try your method!
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    ofcansky wrote: »
    Ill trade you.... i had a grapefruit

grapefruit is good for you... ;) But those dang donuts tasted so good, they are like the lays slogan.. "you can't eat just one" B)

• ofcansky
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are my best friend at this point
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I wish i could do protein bars or shakes but i get gout attacks and high protein diets cause flare ups and its the worst pain i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy

I have gout also. Since I restarted MFP last august my gout flareups are not as bad. Eating better has really helped.

John, the biggest thing I have done this time around is control my portions. I still love food but have learned that I do not have to eat a pound of steak. For snacks I buy individual size bags even though they are more expensive.
    Some things I just can't have in the house because I will eat too much even if it is an individual size.

Good luck to you.
  • ofcansky
    Options

I have gout also. Since I restarted MFP last august my gout flareups are not as bad. Eating better has really helped.

John, the biggest thing I have done this time around is control my portions. I still love food but have learned that I do not have to eat a pound of steak. For snacks I buy individual size bags even though they are more expensive.
    Some things I just can't have in the house because I will eat too much even if it is an individual size.

Good luck to you.

• ofcansky
    Options
    Thank you my problem seems to be every time i lose 30 pounds i get a flare up
  • ramdihal33
    Options
    John your not alone, this happened last week before I got my butt in gear. Came home from work, I get home an hour before the kids are to be picked up from school. Found a box of vachon flakies in the kids snack cupboard. There were 4 in the package. Thought I would have one, needless to say I ate them all. Had to go to the store to replace the box before the kids got home. Then ate 2 more so the box would only have 4 in it. I didn't need to hide it, but I was embarrassed. Try the protein bar, but remember eat a small pc very very slowly. Worked for me, and the flakies are safe in the cupboard.
  • ramdihal33
    Options
    Sorry, saw the post about the gout, after i posted again