Trying to keep motivated

Options
Hello all,
I'm new to this and would love some support and to give support. I need to lose a total of 60 lbs. I'm 25 and let myself go a lot once I started working at 16 and smoking at 18. I'm working on quitting smoking and have started doing excerise this last Sunday. So far I've lost 5 lbs but every time I say I'm gonna lose weight I give up a few days into it. I need more than anything to keep the motivation going.
Good luck everyone on your fitness goals! :)

Replies

• msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey, kaylanoelle! Welcome to the group! It's a great site with a bunch of people all together on their journey for health and fitness. So you're in good hands!

If you need some motivation, I have 2 things to ask. First, have you joined an accountability group or a group of people to help keep you motivated? I know this site is chock full of people who can help with that, but sometimes those smaller groups are even better! Let me know if you need help finding one!

Second, what is your "Why?" When I say that, I mean what is your reason for wanting to lose weight? Be a role model for a family member? Fit into that old pair of jeans you haven't worn in forever? Just be healthier and happier with who you are? It's a little different for everyone, but you need to find yours. Then, once you have your "Why" I want you to imagine actually hitting that goal from your WHY. And imagine what it will FEEL like hitting your goal. How happy will you be? What are all the good things people will say to you when they see you? Hold onto that reason and those feelings - they will be what keeps you motivated through all those tough times. Just know that we're all here to help. You got this!
  • kaylanoelle89
    kaylanoelle89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm wanting to lose weight so I can Be healthy and active. I use to play all kinds of sports and was very fit and now I get exhausted just walking up stairs. Thanks for the idea about an accountability group! I'm gonna try and find one now :)