Started 30 Day Shred Today need motivation

Looking for anyone else that started recently. I have a hard time with motivation and not giving up... Im on my 2nd week of eating about 800 calories a day and only drinking water and only fallen off the wagon 2x...Im a sucker for hot wings and candy. I have never been able to eat as good as I have been for the last 2 weeks. I also walk on teh treadmill usually 20-30 mins when I do or when Im down on myself up to 90 mins.... but also do the Just Dance on the wii and xbox. I just don't have the constant motivation I need or anyone to help me. Ove been very overweight for the last 14 yrs. I started 2 weeks ago at 188 and Im 5'4".

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Why 800 calories?
  • SaraAnny
    SaraAnny Posts: 5 Member
    That is just where Im comfortable right now. I eat enough to fill me up and not feel like Ive overate.
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Congrats on starting your journey to being healthier! But can I ask why you are only taking in 800 calories?

My journey started last March with stats very similar to yours, and I am down 37 lbs eating 1500+ calories a day, even moreso when I exercise.
  • michelle_816
    SaraAnny wrote: »
    That is just where Im comfortable right now. I eat enough to fill me up and not feel like Ive overate.

Maybe you are feeling fine and full now, but I would think you will burn out pretty quickly eating so little and incorporating the kinds of workouts like JM's 30 day shred.

I need to get back on doing the 30 day shred a few times a week. I have tried it in the past, but I haven't stuck with it long term. Good luck to you with it!!!
  • SaraAnny
    Im sure Ill change up whatever my body needs as I move along. Thanks for the luck. I had my mom start it with me and she wont be continuing. I tried to get my husband to start but he refuses lol so Im on my own that's the hardest part for me. Good luck to you as well with all you are doing!
  • michelle_816
    Are you planning on doing it daily? I'd love to support you and perhaps get back at doing it, but I try to do cardio a few days a week too so I would only be doing it 2-3 days a week tops.
  • kyshayla
    kyshayla Posts: 14 Member
    Add me I need motivation I've logged 4 days now.
  • SassyCassie90
    SassyCassie90 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello! I just started MFP today, and I am also doing 30 day shred! I have done it before (about a year ago) and it worked really great for me, but then I had knee surgery and just kinda stopped.. But I am determined to get back to it and lose 60 pounds! I'm not sure how the whole friending thing works, but feel free to add me (or whatever it is that we do on here) :)
  • SaraAnny
    I added those of you that asked. Yes Ill be doing it daily with some walking added. I would like to lose as much as I can handle by June 1st as we are going on Vacation. For once I would like good pictures of myself.