Monday - Thursday Detox Crew!!!! :o)

Options
Hello all my lovely detox buddies!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Gabi suggested that we have a topic page where we can post updates and reach each other easily to see what we're doing, how we're coping and keep us motivated in moments of weakness!!!

I'm pretty sure we all know each other already but feel free to post something before Monday and introduce yourself!!!
I know everyone knows me!!!! Hi I'm Mel!!!! :flowerforyou:

So far we have 4 of our regulars confirmed.... nutrigaby ( Gabi) sonia2003 (Sonia) rcrews77 (Rhonda) and melgibson (myself !!!)
I think Katherine (Kpnuts23) will be joining us too as she mentioned it before me!!!!

I have messaged everyone who has already got this detox to see if they would like to join in!! If I have forgotten anyone who's already got it please forgive me and feel free to join :happy: xxxx
This group is for those who already have the detox and have done it before, I'm happy to help anyone who's a bit rusty and needs some refreshing of the rules and tips as always but this is not a group for newbies xxx Sorry :cry:

We will be starting on Monday the 16th of May for 4 days, last day will be Thursday!!! :smile:

I will post my start weight on Monday morning, and reset my ticker (Which hasn't been done for about a month now :embarassed: )
And then finishing weight on Friday the 20th!!! Hopefully feeling cleansed and super slim!!! :wink:

Anyone having trouble with the Prune Juice feel free to leave it out and follow day 4 as if it were day 1-2 or 3.
This is what I will be doing as my belly is a little over sensitive to the PJ of late!!! :grumble:

I can't wait to see you all here and am looking forward to Monday!! Let's get cracking!!!!
Woooo hooooo!!!! xxxxx

Speak soon
Mel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :love:

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I.AM.IN.

I dont have too much time left with internet access so i will be joining you and the merry men (ladies) hehe... on monday for some serious detoxxing.. im dragging my boss into it too for some worktime moral support but i dont think shes doing it till Tuesday!

thanks for posting the topic Mel! Your a star!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!!

Katherine xxxx
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!! I have little confidence in myself to do a detox, I usually find them super hard!! I guess they are not meant to be easy! LOL.
    But its only 4 days! That is what I will keep telling myself, it's only 4 days. I am eat a little extra of the food that is allowed because I'm doing bootcamp and tend to burn 450-500 calories and I know if I dont eat enough I wont make it through.
    I"m so happy you started a group Mel, this is just what I need!!
    Happy weekend everyone!!
    Rhonda
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!!!....I will reset my ticker to, as Mel suggested, and give you the key for my diary if you think it's neccesary!! I have to do this, because I'm in a plateau!!!, I will be preparing the food and the other stuffs for next week...Good luck:flowerforyou: WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! :bigsmile:

Well I began my detox today despite having no suitable fresh fruit in for breakfast this morning!!
    Now I have started I feel fine, but this morning when I realised I couldn't have my cereal I was a bit sad.
    But then I remembered that we're doing this as a team and I of all people should be able to follow this perfectly every time!!!

I hope everyone is doing ok? :flowerforyou:

I weighed in this morning at 110.6lbs - (7stone 12.6lbs) Ticker has been reset!!! :huh:
    I'm not that unhappy about this weight actually, I have been following a 'fat burning' list I wrote out about a month ago and it seems to have kept my weight pretty stable, I feel like I've stayed the same weight, my clothes feel the same and I'm the same weight, well +0.2lbs, as I was a month ago when I last updated my ticker so I think it has worked pretty well even though I've also had some naughty days and treats too. :noway:

I am planning on detoxing for these four days then going back to the fat burning list, and only eating what's listed, also all detox foods and ways of eating are allowed. I think this will help me maintain my weight loss and it also is a big help with controlling the cravings that I suffer with.
    If anyone would like a copy of my fat burning list then just let me know and I'll send it to you, with the rules to following it.
    Might be useful to you too. :happy:

Today I feel quite tired :yawn:
    We had a chinese take away last night, was really nice!! But naughty, today I will have to watch Jack eating the left overs for dinner, at his request, while I have my chicken salad!!! :sad:
    Still it will all be worth it in the end.

I'm going to have a sort through my wardrobe and pull out some of the amazing clothes that are just that little bit too snug to wear right now, I know if I get to my target weight then maintain I will fit in these perfectly and will be very happy with my body.
    I'm not far from it now but those last few pounds are always the hardest to get off and keep off!!!
    I hope these gorgeous clothes will be motivation for me, I am so close but just need to do that last push to get there for summer!!! I wanna be wearing shorts this summer and leggings in the autumn so I need to stop messing around and eating biscuits!!! :grumble:

Well I can't wait to hear how your all doing, keep us posted of cravings, feelings, grumbles, exercise, things you miss and anything else going on in your lives this week!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :drinker:

Big LOVE :heart:
    Mel xxxxxxxx
  • rs1177
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    So I'm doing a little bit different version of the detox...it is still sort of a detox at sorts. I'm bascially adding a few extra foods because I know that I wont be able to sustain this while doing the bootcamp! I hope I can still post though!
    I'm adding nuts and steel cut oats and brown rice to my day, but only have these types of carbs 2x a day. I'm not eating any dairy and lots of veggies and lean protein. So basically I'm just adding a few items. This will still be really tough for me because I have a HUGE sugar craving!!

Like you Mel, I have some summer clothes from last year that I would also like to fit into. I tried on some pants last night and they are too snug in the legs and around my middle. I almost hate myself for gaining weight, again! I'm wanting to lose about 10lbs. And be more toned. Today I'm entering my 8th week of bootcamp, I haven't noticed a huge difference in my body yet. It's kind of disappionting, I was hoping to have seen something by now. Maybe by elimating all junk it will help with my progress.

I wish you guys all the luck with the detox. I'm sorry I'm not sticking to it 100% but I do feel like this will still be a challenge for me!

Mel, I would love to have your fat burning list!!
    I will keep posting if you guys are ok with that!
    Rhonda
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Im starting the detox tomorrow - few issues at home/work and ill be playing footy tonight so i need the energy...

However tomorrow i will be right on it!!!

Thanks for posting mel.. sorry i havent had a propper chance to post today.. been mega hectic with work and lack of internet at home doesnt help either!!

Speak to you tomorrow morning when this will start!

Much love xxx
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    So I'm doing a little bit different version of the detox...it is still sort of a detox at sorts. I'm bascially adding a few extra foods because I know that I wont be able to sustain this while doing the bootcamp! I hope I can still post though!
    I'm adding nuts and steel cut oats and brown rice to my day, but only have these types of carbs 2x a day. I'm not eating any dairy and lots of veggies and lean protein. So basically I'm just adding a few items. This will still be really tough for me because I have a HUGE sugar craving!!

Like you Mel, I have some summer clothes from last year that I would also like to fit into. I tried on some pants last night and they are too snug in the legs and around my middle. I almost hate myself for gaining weight, again! I'm wanting to lose about 10lbs. And be more toned. Today I'm entering my 8th week of bootcamp, I haven't noticed a huge difference in my body yet. It's kind of disappionting, I was hoping to have seen something by now. Maybe by elimating all junk it will help with my progress.

I wish you guys all the luck with the detox. I'm sorry I'm not sticking to it 100% but I do feel like this will still be a challenge for me!

Mel, I would love to have your fat burning list!!
    I will keep posting if you guys are ok with that!
    Rhonda

Hi Rhonda :drinker:

I know you were in two minds about the detox during Boot camp, I'm glad your still joining us whatever way you can!!
    I had a little look at your food diary just now and it's all good stuff. I think you should still see some progress :flowerforyou:
    The fat burning list is very similar to what your doing now, there are some good recipe ideas that can be made with the list though so opens up a lot of options, but it's no sugar and bad carbs, this really helps me stay on track, the first few days are tough but then the higher amount of protein kicks in and I start to be able to control the cravings much more.
    I'll have a look at your regular diet if you like, sounds like you should have seen more results from the bootcamp by now.
    Might be a few areas where you can tweak food-wise, sometimes a few simple swaps will get results after a few weeks.

Let me know how your get on xxxxx :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Im starting the detox tomorrow - few issues at home/work and ill be playing footy tonight so i need the energy...

However tomorrow i will be right on it!!!

Thanks for posting mel.. sorry i havent had a propper chance to post today.. been mega hectic with work and lack of internet at home doesnt help either!!

Speak to you tomorrow morning when this will start!

Much love xxx

Hi Katherine :flowerforyou:

Life does get in the way sometimes!!! I'm pleased you will be joining us tomorrow xxx
    Will you be doing 3 or 4 days?
    Sounds like you will need the energy for football, and I saw you already logged a decent 25 minutes run!!!
    Great job xxx

Keep up the good work :drinker:
  • rs1177
    Options
    Hi Mel,

I know what my issue has been....weekends!!!!!! I usually do good all week and then blow it on the weeekends eating sweets!!!! So knowing that I have just busted my butt for 8 weeks at bootcamp, but have sabatoged my efforts with eating makes me feel like an idoit!! lol.
    I'm going to do what I've been doing the past 2 days for about a month and see if I can get some progress happening. It makes me feel like my body is just not going to change, I really thought bootcamp would make me lose a ton of inches, but I guess it shows if you dont change the way you eat all the exercise in the world won't matter!!
    Thanks for being understanding about the detox, I felt bad for backing out!
    Good luck with yours!
    Rhonda
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, so today was my first detox day, and went pretty fine I think!! However I always change or add a few other things, for example, I eat any king of fruit in my breakfast, and I don't eat fruit with lunch or dinner, I take an apple in my afternoon snack instead because I'm hungry during the afternoon and this trick makes me stick to it much better. I also add 1 square of dark chocolate, why? I know it's not very clean, but I just need it, and I prefer to eat just 1 square instead of having other sweets and bad stuffs....

I exercised a lot today and It was hard not to overeat because I was hungry!!, so I think I did it fine....Kat, we are happy to have you tomorrow, Mel, how did you do it today?..By the way I'm starting with 128.6, hoping to reach 125 at the end of the detox...Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi Mel,

I know what my issue has been....weekends!!!!!! I usually do good all week and then blow it on the weeekends eating sweets!!!! So knowing that I have just busted my butt for 8 weeks at bootcamp, but have sabatoged my efforts with eating makes me feel like an idoit!! lol.
    I'm going to do what I've been doing the past 2 days for about a month and see if I can get some progress happening. It makes me feel like my body is just not going to change, I really thought bootcamp would make me lose a ton of inches, but I guess it shows if you dont change the way you eat all the exercise in the world won't matter!!
    Thanks for being understanding about the detox, I felt bad for backing out!
    Good luck with yours!
    Rhonda

Hi Rhonda :flowerforyou:

I think your right, eating right really is the key, I have also made a lot of stupid mistakes with biscuits and chocolate, IF I could give these up for good I'd be at my goal in no time, It's really annoying I can't get a handle on it.
    I can manage a few days then I think 'Oh I've been good I can have one', then one kicks off the cravings and I end up eating 3-4 biscuits!! Then I have to go through days of weaning myself off them again, I find it so frustrating. :grumble:
    Also at TOM I seem to NEED them, I'm hoping after this detox I will be able to stick to the fat burning list, which I can make home made protein flapjacks with!! I have been having these for the last week or so and they have really filled the spot where I need a biscuit or something sweet, they don't mess up my food plan and I find it much easier to stop at one!!! :love:
    Because they are low sugar and have protein powder in them they also help keep me full for longer and don't spike my insulin levels so it's much easier to control cravings, I found a few days on these instead of normal biscuits and chocolate and I had pretty much lost my need to them!! SO this will be my plan after the detox, I can also have sugar free chocolate after, but I find that tricky to stop at one too, so it'll be reserved for TOM only I think!!! :huh:

I will have to perfect the flapjack recipe and post it here for everyone, it's been a big help to me :bigsmile:

Keep us posted how your doing and GOOD LUCK with boodcamp xxxxx :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi guys, so today was my first detox day, and went pretty fine I think!! However I always change or add a few other things, for example, I eat any king of fruit in my breakfast, and I don't eat fruit with lunch or dinner, I take an apple in my afternoon snack instead because I'm hungry during the afternoon and this trick makes me stick to it much better. I also add 1 square of dark chocolate, why? I know it's not very clean, but I just need it, and I prefer to eat just 1 square instead of having other sweets and bad stuffs....

I exercised a lot today and It was hard not to overeat because I was hungry!!, so I think I did it fine....Kat, we are happy to have you tomorrow, Mel, how did you do it today?..By the way I'm starting with 128.6, hoping to reach 125 at the end of the detox...Good luck:flowerforyou:

Hi Gabi :flowerforyou:

I'm glad your doing it in a way that will work for you, you'll be having less fruit over all so it'll still work pretty much the same, and at least the chocolate is DARK!!! Which is healthier and also I know sometimes you have sugar free dark chocolate which would be an even better choice for detox.
    Just do what works for you, the main point is we are still combining the vital proteins and veggies and fruits to give the best possible fat burning whilst eliminating nasty carbs which slow that down.
    I'm sure you'll still see a decent drop in weight by Friday and sticking with it the way you can is better than trying to do it another way then splurging half way through!!!

Exercise on detox is tough, I can do a little but I don't like to over do it as I find I get really hungry and want something which I'm not allowed, I tend to just have a nice long walk or bike ride, or maybe do a shred DVD or some Yoga.
    Carrying on with our normal daily lives can be tricky on detox, especially when I have to work the wednesday night through it, that kills me!! I know you'll do your best xxxx

I've managed to complete day 1 perfectly without too much trouble, I luckily have found a place where I am not thinking too much about food. I try to go into the detox as if I were going to fast for the day, then having some pineapple for breakfast seems like a treat rather than missing out on my cereal!!!
    It often is mind over matter with these things, also I'm lucky that TOM is more than a week away so I am not craving much right now!!!!

Hope day 2 goes really well you, keep us posted xxxx :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Ok, have some more news.....

Sonia has come down with a really nasty bug, he has a terrible fever and is really sick :cry:
    I got an email from her today explaining.

So she'll not be joining us this week for the detox, I've said to just rest up and get better, there is now way anyone should detox if they are ill.

Hopefully she'll be back on form in no time.

Wishing you well my lovely :heart:
  • leannemr
    leannemr Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi All

I'm joining in from today just for 3 days. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and although I am only 1lb away from my goal and I am really pleased with the way my outfit looks on I could just do with trying to get the super flat tum that I know this detox can provide if you stick to it properly!! (This is my 4th time!). Starting weight for me is 127lbs.

When I have done the 4 day detox in the past I have lost between 4-6lbs. Its never failed me! My only problem this week is I am right into my kettlebell training at the moment and although today is a no exercise rest day for me (so I can stick ridigly to this) I may have to have a little extra tomorrow to sustain my energy in the class. I'll try and meet this from allowable foods but I may have to sneak a banana or energy bar in! I know this will slow down my weight loss but seeing as I am only aiming for 2lbs I don't think I'll worry about it too much.

I am also going to forgo the PJ since I never know quite how I am going to react to it! The first and second time I took it - nothing. The third - total opposite affect!!! So this time no PJ for me :o)

I hope everyone does well on this. I fully recommend it as a great way for a weight loss boost whether you are looking to start out on your weight loss journey, or like me, just need a little extra boost for a speacial occassion! Mel is a fab support BTW.

Good luck all - keep motivated!

Leanne x

PS: Mel, I would like a copy of your fat burning foods list please :o)
  • leannemr
    leannemr Posts: 48
    Options
    So how is everyone doing today?

I failed miserably last night and after having a detox breakfast and lunch ended up having a big bowl of Spag Bol for tea! My hubby had a tooth extraction yesterday and could only eat soft stuff so I cooked him the Spag Bol and suddenly my chicken salad became very unappetising! I am weak! I know what my problem was....I am only 1lb away from target weight so my urgency isn't as big as when I have done this before (to give me a weight loss boost). However, I plan to try and be good for the next 2 days, although I will need a some form of energy foods today as I have my kettle bell class tonight.

Would love to hear how you are all getting on and whether anyone has indugled in the dreaded PJ yet??!! :laugh:
  • melgibson
    Options
    So how is everyone doing today?

I failed miserably last night and after having a detox breakfast and lunch ended up having a big bowl of Spag Bol for tea! My hubby had a tooth extraction yesterday and could only eat soft stuff so I cooked him the Spag Bol and suddenly my chicken salad became very unappetising! I am weak! I know what my problem was....I am only 1lb away from target weight so my urgency isn't as big as when I have done this before (to give me a weight loss boost). However, I plan to try and be good for the next 2 days, although I will need a some form of energy foods today as I have my kettle bell class tonight.

Would love to hear how you are all getting on and whether anyone has indugled in the dreaded PJ yet??!! :laugh:

Hi Leanne :flowerforyou:

You have done so well and are so close to your goal, I'm sure a banana will not hurt and it's still very clean eating, I miss banana's on my detox!! But they are too starchy to include!!
    For you though it'll be fine as you only have 1lb to go!!!!!

Awww, such a shame, getting through nearly the whole day and then spag bol temptation is too great!!!
    I LOVE spag bol too, I have to sit through my son gobbling down plates of it while I have chicken salad and your so right it's SOOOO hard to resist!!!

I shall send you a copy of my fat burning list, it might be useful, and is much easier to stick to that the detox!!!

Have a lovely time at the wedding on Saturday xxx I'm sure you'll look amazing xxx
  • arianeeducation
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Just new here,any chance i could join as a detox crew?:) sound cool,and i like to make friends here as well... Thanks!! and Good luck to everybody. xx
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi guys :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Well it's day 4!! And not before time too!!!

I'm certainly looking forward to so different food, and a cup of tea with milk!!
    I have coped ok this week, it hasn't been too tricky for me, but I have been soooo tired, more lack of sleep than detox, I usually make a point to get to bed as early as I can when detoxing but I've had some normal nights and that has meant I've been tired. :yawn:

I don't think I've lost as much as normal, I don't feel that slim really, I have pretty much followed it perfectly buy I know I've missed some water this time around, I've had a real job to get 6 glasses down let alone 8, I must try harder with this today.

Hope your all doing well and looking forward to a weekend of feeling great!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Delorice
    Delorice Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't mean to but in, but can someone give me their detox recipe? Would like to try it, but not sure what I need to do. Thanks!
  • amberpaigee
    amberpaigee Posts: 74
    Options
    Don't mean to but in, but can someone give me their detox recipe? Would like to try it, but not sure what I need to do. Thanks!

AGREED! :) Could you please post the details of the detox please! :) I think they'd be a lot of people who would like to try it too!
    :flowerforyou: