a little sad

Options
2»

Replies

• twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and I almost gave up, but my buddy Pat told me to stay the course, I am so glad I did, I lost almost 9lbs all at once. Don't quit the body can be a strange thing. I only weigh my self once a month, I went almost two months doing a routine similar to yours and lost 3lbs. Hang in there it will be worth it.
  • tanyizzle
    tanyizzle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I always weigh more at night. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning.
  • ShiloughCoy
    ShiloughCoy Posts: 73
    Options
    Going through the same thing! AND I went to breakfast this morning instead of working out because I was so frustrated.

Here's the thing, though. I am stopping the cycle now. I always do this - work so hard for a couple of weeks, so no results and stop trying. And the results are always the same - I stay overweight.

So, I am picking up the pieces and reminding myself to be relentless and patient. The weight will come off.

So don't give up! Stay strong with me - we can do it! :)
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Dont give up. You are doing great. I weigh at night and in the morning i am always 2 lbs less then at night. Try to only weigh-in in the AM and you will see a difference. Also make sure to chug the water like everyone else said. Keep going :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    Remember that 1200 cal should be a net number. At that level if you are exercising, you should be eating back ALL of your exercise calories. Going below 1200 sends you in to starvation.

When I started here, I didn't lose anything for a month. I almost passed out a couple of times because of low blood sugar. Then I had an injury and couldn't work out for a while. Started losing like crazy. Same calorie intake. It's important to get enough nutrition.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan

I started 30 Day Shred a week ago and gained 2.4lbs. My first gain since starting MFP 8 months ago. Here is why. Keep going. =)
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Definately not a failure!!! Look at the wonderful thing you are doing for your body. Remember -- not all of your success will be measured on that scale. Look for other signs -- such as inches lost, better sleep, better skin, better circulation, clearer thinking just to name a few.

I also agree with the other poster who said your body is rebelling. If you've done several short term "diets" before -- I think the body sometimes says -- "just wait it out -- she'll quit again -- we'll get to feed our cravings (sugar, salt, carbs)".

I say -- keep going. You probably started this journey with a few reasons you wanted to get healthy -- even if you haven't lost weight -- do those reasons change or not matter anymore?

Hang in there!!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    you're not eating enough.
    This is my thought as well. 1200 is minimum if you sit on your butt all day and do no exercise. You should be eating more if you are exercising.
  • exfatty89
    exfatty89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanx every1.
  • exfatty89
    exfatty89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan

I started 30 Day Shred a week ago and gained 2.4lbs. My first gain since starting MFP 8 months ago. Here is why. Keep going. =)

i loved this article. it made me feel relieved. thanks :wink: