Making better choices

Options
I haven't started tracking my food yet because I am starting first with making better choices and paying attention when I eat. Sometimes at the end of my day I don't even remember what I ate. Making calculated choices is my goal for the next week!

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    That's good! Pre logging may help that way you know what you're getting and don't have to remember at the end of the day.
  • civilhokie
    civilhokie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That's a good idea. I do plan my day but often get busy to enter during the day. This would help with planning and keeping on track!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I do my diary when the night before so that I don't have to think about it that day. But I'm also a creature of habit and tend to make a big meal and eat off of it for a few days at a time.
  • kayte660
    kayte660 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It sounds boring, but when I started I had a similar problem and I found limiting my variety helped a lot. I almost always have coffee and either belvita biscuits or a larabar for breakfast, a frozen meal or part of a big home cooked meal that I break into portions for lunch, and a protein bar after my workout. I know this gives me about 700-800 calories for dinner and another snack, and that makes it hard to mess up. In the beginning I missed the variety, but after a month I looked forward to the control I had and knowing I could change up my dinners and snacks made it worth the repetition. And logging is so easy that way.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The phone app is really easy to use with a barcode scanner. I have a rule, it's not eaten until it's logged. I also, pre-log my days every morning, which helps tremendously, as then I just need to log the occasional snack......like chocolate!
  • LMS120yesIcan
    LMS120yesIcan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I prelog and it works out great. If I change my mind I just delete the food. On more than one occasion I have changed my dinner plans to keep my goal calories, sugar grams, carb grams, etc. in check. My husband doesn't do this and he is always asking me if I remember what he had for dinner yesterday. I think too many people fail to log all of their food and then wonder why they aren't losing. Best of luck next week.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I log the night before.
  • Ame_ly
    Ame_ly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I found that pre logging my main meals makes it easier. I can't know everything I feel like eating tomorrow, but I usually know what my main meals will consist of and that gives me a pretty good idea of how my calorie intake will look like.