Endomorph

Options
Can a person that is an endomorph (large rib cage frame) be skinny? I mean this as in being very thin

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Low body fat yes, smaller ribcage, no.

My mother, even at 75-80lb and dying of cancer still had 36 inch hips- can't change them bones.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm the same way with the hips.

Even when I was down to 118 lb at a couple times of my life (well into the underweight range for me), and even though my stomach was concave, I still wore size 12 to 14 pants because those hip bones of mine stuck out all over the place.

I see people talking about losing sizes, and getting into Size 2 clothing, and things like that ... just not going to happen.
  • Merci4u
    Merci4u Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes you can be very thin. Anyone can be very thin. But your physical size in diameter will be limited by your bones at some stage.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Frames and structures of people don't affect body fat percentage. How much one eats does vs how much they burn does (CICO). Incidentally, somatotypes have long been debunked. Originally developed by a psychologist and not a physiologist.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You can definitely be thin, just not small. If you have a mental image of a slim ectomorph or mesomorph as your goal then try to forget that as soon as possible and look up endomorphs that are in shape. They look incredible.

• DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Frames and structures of people don't affect body fat percentage. How much one eats does vs how much they burn does (CICO). Incidentally, somatotypes have long been debunked. Originally developed by a psychologist and not a physiologist.

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for posting :)