6 days 6 lbs

Options
Just started calorie counting because nothing else was working and since I started 6 days ago I lost 6 lbs! Of course it's probably water weight but I'm so excited. The first day I used up all my calories by 2 pm lol its amazing how they add up! Now I just need to lose 40 more :)

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Good loss, but pace yourself and get ready for a slow down. An ok rule of tum would be 1lb a week to ive you an idea of how long it might take.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
  • ano463s
    ano463s Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It always goes fast in the beginning, so it's kind of motivating to see the numbers... I figure that just gives you something to remember once it does slow down. :) I wouldn't worry too much about intentionally trying to slow down the weight loss at this point unless you're eating at the bottom of your possible calories. As long as you're eating your allowance, your body will take care of the rest.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Water weight loss is still a loss!!!!!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Weight comes off pretty easily at first but it's a great confidence booster. Congratulations on your first 6 pounds! :smile:
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And glad that you know it's probaly mostly water and loss will slow down. Some people get so frusrated and think they should lose 8 lbs a week every week till goal. Keep up the great work and good luck on your continued journey!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    YAY! its water weight, so dont get *too* excited, it will slow down :)

non scale victories are the BEST especially when the scales are slow (i have BONES in my feet! LOLOLOL!) <--- that was yesterdays NSV ;)
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started, and enjoy the first month or so when it comes off quick!
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's an awesome feeling seeing that drop, even if it is water. I know the first time I saw it I felt GREAT. Just prepare yourself that it'll likely slow down eventually, but as long as you keep up healthy habits and work, it'll continue to come off. =)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! But your weight loss will definitely slow down... don't let it discourage you! You've got this!!