Replies

• Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My diary is open.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mostly lean protein, veggies, and a healthy fat for every meal. My diary is open as well :)
  • SecretGift
    SecretGift Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My diary is open.

It says that it isn't…
  • Taury333
    Taury333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1/4 cup of oatmeal made with 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/2 a banana for breakfast. For snack I follow suggested servings but try to do more fruits and veggies than chips or sweet bars. For lunch I usually Eat something like skinless 4 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup of potatoes, brown rice etc and 1/2 to 1 cup of veggies. I keep dinner light with more of a snack or just a bit of protein and if I do exercise I drink a small 1/2 scoop of whey protein in a almond milk shake. Hope this helps. I also change things up with breakfast. I eat a boiled egg and a bit of fruit. I've lost 34lbs in 3 months safely.
  • MuayThaiMaMa1
    MuayThaiMaMa1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- 1/2 cup oatmeal with a Tbsp of honey for flavor or 3 scrambled eggs with diced up red bell pepper or 1 thomas light English muffin multi grain with about 1 Tbsp of peanut butter. Lunch- Canned chicken or tuna 2 Tbsp light mayo 1 Tbsp mustard diced peppers, diced red/yellow bell pepper, diced celery. Salad with all the veggies & Italian dressing or a subway 6in flatbread sandwich. Dinner- Chicken, fish, any kind of meat really cooked in the pan with lemon pepper & I chop up whatever veggies sound good and cook it all together. Snacks- Boiled egg, low fat cottage cheese with 3 chopped up strawberries, orange, apple, or grapes. Raw almonds not seasoned. Lots of water. If you stay away from the processed foods and try your best to eat natural healthy foods it isn't too hard to stay within 1200 cal & you get plenty to eat without being hungry.
  • jascakes
    jascakes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary too, feel free to look/add.

For me, its all about the low cal vegetables and salads as a way of bulking out the meal - brocolli, peas, runner beans, corgette etc etc etc, you can literally have loads of these for very little calorie cost!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&M's. I'm done with my meal plan at about 9am which frees me up for doing all the other things during the day without those pesky meals hanging over my head.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Mostly lean protein, veggies, and a healthy fat for every meal. My diary is open as well :)

Exactly the same for me.

Proteins I always keep in my freezer = chicken, tilapia, shrimp, tuna or swordfish steaks, pork tenderloin
    My favorite veggies = kale, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas
    and I always keep avocados on hand too
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    2 eggs w/ veggies and cheese for breakfast (black coffee)
    Greek yogurt (100 cal) for lunch
    Banana for snack
    Veggies and protein combo for dinner (e.g., a really big salad w/grilled chicken and some feta or other cheese)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    SecretGift wrote: »
    What do you guys usually eat?

Keep in mind 1200 is MFP's lowest DEFAULT minimum. This number is before exercise. Many women are "assigned" 1200 because their weekly goal is very aggressive. Others get 1200 because they are very petite senior ladies. It's up to you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a "meal plan," but I do tend to eat 1100-1400 calories most days, averaging out somewhere near 1200. You're welcome to look at my diary or add me as a friend if you want to. (I do this to save calories for the weekend, not because I'm aiming for a constant 1200 calorie diet, just so you know -- so I do have significantly higher days once or twice a week.)

Yesterday was pretty typical for me except that it was lower in protein than I usually eat. I had yogurt and fruit for breakfast, a couple of Slim Jims as a pre-workout snack, tuna salad with cracker chips and raw veggies for lunch, an ice cream cone with my son mid-afternoon, veggie-quinoa burgers with cheese and avocado on them and a side of broccoli for dinner, and right before bed I noticed I was only hovering around 1000 calories so I had a giant apple as a bedtime snack.

Basically, I eat normal food that tastes good and contains a balance of macronutrients & variety of micronutrients, occasionally swapping certain items for lower-calorie substitutes if needed (for example, my dinner burger was on a sandwich thin instead of a bun). The links @TeaBea posted will be really helpful to you in figuring out how to do the same.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    What do you guys usually eat?

Keep in mind 1200 is MFP's lowest DEFAULT minimum. This number is before exercise. Many women are "assigned" 1200 because their weekly goal is very aggressive. Others get 1200 because they are very petite senior ladies. It's up to you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

HEY! I'm not a senior yet! :cry:

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Just eat the same things you ate before, in smaller portions.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    I eat everything I used to (excluding takeaways) but just in smaller portions. I have approx. 1260 calories a day.
    My diary is open if you fancy a nosey :smile:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Any vegetarians on this thread? I am looking to shake up my current routine - too many nuts, too many quest bars. I am always hungry. Would welcome your suggestions.
  • Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My diary is open.

It says that it isn't…

Sorry, I guess it was set to friends only...should be public now.
  • lisasdesantis
    lisasdesantis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A normal day:
    M1: Kind Bar
    M2: Greek yogurt
    M3: Orange/apple/1c berries
    M4: california roll
    M5: Pretzels and cheese
    M6: Grilled chicken or grilled fish or turkey meatballs and a veggie
    Nighttime snack: Weight watchers ice cream bar or a few hershey's minis
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Salads with yogurt based dressing, soups, fresh fruit, cereal/almond milk, popcorn, turkey sausages & scrambled eggs w/ salsa, pizzas made w/ flatout wraps and turkey pepperoni
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Jeneba wrote: »
    Any vegetarians on this thread? I am looking to shake up my current routine - too many nuts, too many quest bars. I am always hungry. Would welcome your suggestions.

Tofu, tempeh, seitan, eggs, yogurt, milk, cheese, beans, all good sources of protein if that's what you're low on.

Nuts aren't actually a great source of protein. They're a great source of healthy fats, when eaten in small quantities, mind you.

Do you eat fish? If so, canned tuna is a great way to add protein and calcium to a salad or sandwich.
  • Rav_
    Rav_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jeneba wrote: »

I'm vegetarian! (If you allow eggs, I guess?) I LOVE quest bars, haha - they go great with coffee when it's snack time and I'm dying for something chocolatey. :)

I agree with the always being hungry thing, though. My main way to get around that is to eat fairly often (every 2.5/3 hours, probably), and to try to stack up on veggies like broccoli/carrots/cauliflower/snap peas/tomatoes.

Breakfast - oatmeal with 1/2 banana and strawberries, or eggs & veggies
    Lunch - big on greens, veggies, with a protein source (often beans or Yves products), and about 1/2 cup quinoa to help fill me up.
    Dinner - a jam-packed smoothie (cottage cheese or greek yogurt, fruit, spinach, etc.), or lentil soup and homemade yogurt, or cooked mixed veggies and yogurt.

I tend to get full quick, and hungry quick, so the smaller and more often meals work for me. Downfall is always sugar cravings and readily available baked goods. Whoops!