When do you log your steps?

Options
I have just got an activity tracker and wear it all day as I work from my bus and back as well as working around at work. So when do you log steps earlier in the evening so that you know if there are any calories that can be consumed or do you just log them when you go to bed?

Replies

• patnj
    patnj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mine logs automatically... and if it didn't, i think would log them in the earlier in the evening - so i could assess my calories. i find that i do look earlier in the late aft for decisions about dinner.
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I log them once I am home for the night. I do quite a bit of walking, to and from the office to the train, around the office, and a walk on lunch. I'll come home to eat dinner, go to the gym, and then once I'm home from the gym I log it. I know I'm not walking that many steps once I'm home, and if anything it's extra calories burned that I'm not seeing, which means I won't want to eat them back :)
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Mine sync throughout the day.
  • curlywagg
    curlywagg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Mine would sync though out the day but it is linked to a device that stays at home so I don't see what I have done during the day, my tracker does not have a display of its own. I think I will log them after I have had my planned dinner as them I know if I can treat myself to a job well done :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind daily step calories should already be part of your activity level set here.

I have a jawbone and I sync it frequently but it doesn't give me a calorie adjustment typically until after I have logged in my actual exercise...partially because I have my activity level set at lightly active so it doesn't go all freaky on me as I average 9k steps pre exercise.
  • curlywagg
    Options
    As I wear though the whole day I take off 10% for incedental movement (I tend to talk with my hands and have noticed it does register the flayling) and I also take another 10% off for the every day steps taken arounf the office. I will see how this goes and make changes if needed.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    curlywagg wrote: »
    Thank you. Mine would sync though out the day but it is linked to a device that stays at home so I don't see what I have done during the day, my tracker does not have a display of its own. I think I will log them after I have had my planned dinner as them I know if I can treat myself to a job well done :)

I have a fitbit and it syncs throughout the day. I don't know about other brands, but with Fitbit you can buy an extra dongle that you use for syncing and use it on the same account. I have one on my home computer, one on the office computer so it is in sync all the time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the fitbit app on my phone. So i don't need to be near a computer or dongle (I love that word). It syncs automatically every 15 minutes or so.
  • curlywagg
    Options
    I don't have a smart phone so I don't have anything it can sync to during the day so it on syncs when I get home.