New around here

Options
I have 7 kids and have decided to get serious and lose some weight! I had twins 19 months ago and figure I can't blame them for my weight any longer. I am just starting out trying to cut my dr pepper and eat better. I know it will take time and I am ready to be patient and make it happen. I have always taken diet pills and this time I said nope I am going to do it the right way :) My oldest will be a senior next year and I said I will NOT be that fat mom her Sr year! I am ready to do this and hope to find some friends to help me along the way

Replies

• alexwilden
    alexwilden Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good on you girl! Love the attitude and I can relate to the driving force of your children...not having twins because that isn't biologically possible :smile:
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a mom. Doing this the healthy way is so important. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Britknenicole
    Britknenicole Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me!! I've got 3 boys my youngest is 9 months. I've just started losing weight and it's exciting to see the progress. I stopped drinking sodas over 2 years ago, I can no longer drink sodas because they just taste nasty. Its hard at first but worth it. It's extra calories that you don't need and all the terrible ingredients. Fresh food and water is the best way to go.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    7 kids....wow, you don't see that too often these days! Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • AshleyMontgomery7
    AshleyMontgomery7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words! I know I will feel Sooo much better it's just sticking to it. Yep I have lots of kiddos lol we were done at 5 and my husband was fixed and a year later we found out we were having twins. I had just lost 30 something pounds was feeling great and then boom lol I would not trade them for the world but it is definitely a much busier life now. I will definitely be adding y'all because I will definitely need support to make these healthy lifestyle changes:)
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Only have 2 kids but they're 13 months apart & my youngest is only a month old so I'm working on losing some baby weight plus some. Good luck!!