I hate men....

Options

Replies

• 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes, life isn't fair! I'm afraid that I packed on so many pounds because I thought I could eat as much as my husband, even though he is almost a foot taller than I am!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I like my women like I like my coffee. I don't like coffee.

mr-t-lol.gif
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    lol I hear you loud and clear. It doesn't help when there are folks on here who are always bragging about all the stuff they ate and making fun of those of us whose maintenance calories are under 1500. I just have to remember that I am successful: I lost the weight, I am keeping it off, I am steadily getting stronger, and my muscle definition keeps getting better. I have to keep my focus there, and on how I look good and enjoy my new clothes, and NOT on the vast caloric allowance discrepancy. *sigh*
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    So how is this about them being men instead of them being overweight?
  • mr21mr21
    mr21mr21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have more sugar at breakfast than you should have for an entire day...try cutting back on that and see what happens
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope. The BF eats almost 5000 calories to bulk. I eat 2500-3000. I am always sated.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    my question is how come you are all hungry? seriously?

being hungry is not a good thing.

Eating to satiation is what got most of us here in the first place.

False. Eating beyond capacity is what got us here in the first place.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    My son can eat 3000 and lose...he is 21 6 ft 4 and is about 225. He would lose 2lbs a week at that rate.

My husband is 5 ft 11 33 and about 185 he can eat 2800 a day and lose..he maintains on about 3300.

They are men, they are bigger, have more muscle mass, typically have physical jobs etc. Do I envy them heck no...I eat 1800 a day and lose and I am not hungry...remember they are men, big men....would you really want to eat all that food everyday? I wouldn't.

If you want to eat more food exercise more. But based on what I see you are eating more than you think anyway.

Why yes, yes I would. I find it easy to eat 3000 calories a day. I don't do it (on a regular basis), but I can put food down with the best of them.

However, I have some days that I can eat 1000 calories and be satisfied. Is there room for more? Yes, but I'm not necessarily hungry. Other days, I'll eat like crazy and STILL be hungry. It gets easier when your body adjusts to a lower calorie allowance (as your stomach shrinks too).

I actually find it easier to eat less in the spring/summer/fall. I'm outside working/riding/doing something active pretty much from sun-up to sun-down, and often forget (or just don't really care) to eat. I drink tons of water, but it's not unusual to eat breakfast and then not eat till dinner (which can be 9pm). Winter time, I just want food.

Everybody is different. You'll get there :) Sounds like you're doing a pretty good job!
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    But it's relative. A deficit is a deficit. A deficit puts your body under stress because you are eating less than you should to maintain. No matter what size you are, it's the same relative amount of food.

As a short woman who has never been more than a little overweight I beg to differ. I get 1200 calories per day (without exercise) to lose less than 1lb per week. I can easily house that in one meal at a restaurant or family gathering, especially if alcohol or other tasty beverages are involved. My solution is eating back exercise calories, otherwise I would be perpetually hungry. I also drink a LOT of water, as in I stop counting at 9-10 glasses; it helps!

So OP I feel your pain. It is very difficult not to compare and get jealous while sitting at the same table as your SO. Mine isn't exceptionally tall (5'9"), but is rather muscle-y and has an extremely active job, so has trouble eating enough to maintain his weight. I comfort myself with the fact that, while his woes may not be the same as mine, he still has his own :)
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Athos282 wrote: »
    my question is how come you are all hungry? seriously?

being hungry is not a good thing.

Eating to satiation is what got most of us here in the first place.

False. Eating beyond capacity is what got us here in the first place.

I was not regularly eating to the point where I was stuffed when I was gaining all this weight. But I guess you know me better than I know myself.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options

I have nothing to add to this thread, apart from...

LOL.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'2" and in the 230s. MFP gives him 1800 something as his goal and that's what he's eating. He is losing fast. I wish he would eat more but it's not like I can force him to. I eat 150-200 calories more than him right now. Feels weird.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Um, I am set to 1,500 when I am set to lose.... I am not hungry. Ever. I lift reasonably heavy and cardio for funsies and eat extra calories those days -- 1,700-1,800 total. If you are experiencing hunger it's likely one of your nutritional requirements isn't actually being met, despite eating a balanced diet -- or your % split among your macros is off for your satiety levels. For instance carbs don't do a lot for me personally MOST of the time. I can eat 800 calories of bread/pasta/rice and be hungry in 2 hours. 800 calories of chicken or cheese -- I am full for 9-10 hours. This is especially true when I am more sedentary. My husband gets 1,000 more calories a day -- I am not usually jealous because I eat plenty of food. The only other thing to maybe have checked out -- if your stomach produces too much acid. I had this as a young adult - it was odd because I felt hungry even when I wasn't. Mine eventually self corrected.
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm very petite at 5'0" 92.5 lbs maintenance calories 1400-1600 while my SO is 6'0" 165 lbs. I don't know his daily calorie allowance as he never counts calories but eats very healthy food in moderation.

The key word is moderation-- for him a cup of Three Twins ice cream (380 calories) is in moderation.. However, for a tiny person that's one meal for me! Since we both love yummy food and dining out we split our food 80/20. We love the outdoors and very active. That helps burn those calories when I just have to eat what my SO is eating!! I can't deprive myself of a good thing sometimes. Have a great day everyone!! Nic~
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly my brothers eat pure garbage and stay rail thin. I eat Burger King for one meal and face a 4lb weight gain the next day!
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Hahahaha :D Love it.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Honestly my brothers eat pure garbage and stay rail thin. I eat Burger King for one meal and face a 4lb weight gain the next day!

Sodium and water retention. Unless you are eating everything on the menu, then you didn't eat the 14,000 calories necessary to gain 4 pounds.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    So, I've been at this weight loss fitness business for quite a while, intentionally with MFP for over a year. Now, my husband and son, who are both overweight, are in a weight loss "challenge", which is great for them, since my husband is in the obese category and Type II diabetic, and my son who is only 26 is already seeing issues with hypertension and high cholesterol. However, my son has just started tracking, and he is allowed 2300 calories yet he'll still lose. Yesterday, he said he was under by 600 because he's cut back to one soda a day. This is great, but I am also so jealous, since my average allowance, even when active is only around 1300-1500 and under 1200 if not super active (I'm tiny and old --5'1.5" and 56). I've started using a FitBit HR, which I sync with MFP, and I got under 1400 calories, even doing a zumba class and and a 1 1/2 mile walk. Despite eating small nutrient dense, low calorie meals, watching my macros, etc, , I am often still hungry. I have pretty good self-control and try to stave off nightime hunger by drinking a cup of flavored tea at night before bed, but when I wake up in the morning, I have to eat right away or I'm about ready to pass out. I'd love to have 1800 calories and still lose, but there's only so much I can up my activity level. Any other gals out here have similar "Calorie envy" with their guy friends/family members?

It's all relative...I can cut on 2300 calories per day too...and it pretty much sucks...because for me, 2300 calories isn't a lot of food and while I'm certainly not starving, I'm not exactly satisfied at that intake either.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    kmsoucy457 wrote: »
    But it's relative. A deficit is a deficit. A deficit puts your body under stress because you are eating less than you should to maintain. No matter what size you are, it's the same relative amount of food.

As a short woman who has never been more than a little overweight I beg to differ. I get 1200 calories per day (without exercise) to lose less than 1lb per week. I can easily house that in one meal at a restaurant or family gathering, especially if alcohol or other tasty beverages are involved. My solution is eating back exercise calories, otherwise I would be perpetually hungry. I also drink a LOT of water, as in I stop counting at 9-10 glasses; it helps!

So OP I feel your pain. It is very difficult not to compare and get jealous while sitting at the same table as your SO. Mine isn't exceptionally tall (5'9"), but is rather muscle-y and has an extremely active job, so has trouble eating enough to maintain his weight. I comfort myself with the fact that, while his woes may not be the same as mine, he still has his own :)

I think you missed the point...