What to do with Ground Turkey!

Options

Replies

• bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Allrecipies Black Bean Turkey Burgers. Yummy and very filling.
  • MKSamra
    MKSamra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • republicofsmurf
    republicofsmurf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste and Jerusalem both have good turkey burgers with shredded zucchini.
  • theresaTerriM
    theresaTerriM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili!! I found a great recipe online...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-turkey-chili/

Made it a few weeks ago, and my fiance and kids loved it! They added shredded cheese and had crackers on the side. I just ate it as is and it was still really good, yum! And, what I loved was how I just had to copy/paste the ingredients into MFP and it calculated all the servings and how many cal per serving too.
  • dee0914
    dee0914 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs. With or without the spaghetti.
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

turkey picadillo lettuce wraps
    Greek turkey gyros
    Keema with green-beans
    Curried ground turkey with potatoes(Sweet-potatoes work really well!)
  • dawn_noelle29
    dawn_noelle29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    dee0914 wrote: »
    Turkey meatballs. With or without the spaghetti.

Turkey meatballs for sure - you can make all sorts of different varieties! Check out Pinterest for some meatball inspiration! https://www.pinterest.com/search/?q=turkey+meatballs
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hmm, lets see, Meat loaf, Spaghetti, Turkey Burgers, Chili, "Sloppy Joes", Stuffed Bell Peppers, the options are limitless... :smile:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i treat it like ground beef. just be careful, its drier than beef. for that reason, i perfer to mix it with ground beef or pork. mixing the 3 together creates a great taste for meatballs, meatloaf, even hamburgers.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Put turkey in a pan, them throw in some scrambled eggs. Turkey omelette. I eat it with ketchup.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Another sloppy joe vote, also stuffed peppers. Heck anything you would use ground beef in; chili, meatloaf, burgers, chili mac.
  • CrystalLace
    CrystalLace Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found a sriracha teriyaki turkey meatball recipe on pinterest... if you like spicy, they were amazing
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Black bean turkey chili. Proven family favourite.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463845484944/
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey all the time. I love using it for tacos, turkey burgers, turkey meatloaf, meatballs, salisbury steaks, chili, in my eggs, etc. The list goes on and on.
  • gainer39911
    gainer39911 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good Eats Meatloaf (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-meat-loaf-recipe.html), but use ground turkey. Or 50/50 ground beef and ground turkey. Or 50/50 ground lamb and ground turkey.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    White Bean and Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Chipotle Chili

Do not use ground beef with this recipe. Ground turkey is much denser (and heavier) than ground beef and this is meant to be a "white recipe"

Serves: 8
    This slightly spiced white chili is the perfect freezer staple to have on hand for too-busy-to-cook-nights.
    Ingredients
    1 spray(s) cooking spray
    2 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
    1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
    2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), chopped
    32 oz fat free chicken broth
    1 tsp cumin seeds
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety
    30 oz canned white beans, rinsed and drained (i used white northern beans the best chooice)

3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
    1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped, plus extra for garnish
    Instructions
    Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground turkey, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until turkey is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
    Add turkey mixture and remaining ingredients to a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting for at least 4 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving. (For additional colour, top with extra freshly chopped cilantro just before serving. Note: If the chili is too thick after it’s been frozen and then defrosted, add extra broth and then reheat to achieve desired consistency.)
    Notes
    For additional colour, top with extra freshly chopped cilantro just before serving.

If the chili is too thick after it’s been frozen and then defrosted, add extra broth and then reheat to achieve desired consistency.

• lauriecilley
    lauriecilley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I make turkey burgers out of them and use multigrain flat bread for the buns. It's super yummy.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I have chili on the stove right now,using ground turkey & ground beef. Meat balls or spaghetti sauce is made the same way.I use very low fat of both. Works for me.
  • jmphillips3
    jmphillips3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/ww-skinny-chimichangas

This is one of my favorite recipes.