sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Options
Fabulousme15
Fabulousme15 Posts: 20 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a beginner and have been using this app for 3 days. I'm a mom of 3 and I'm very busy. but I really never took the time to count my calories before. I really love how you can scan your food with this app. it's so easy I think this may work. I want to say hello to everyone and if you have any positive feedback please let me Me hear it. also how is this app working for you so far?

Replies

• Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    10 days in, lots of exercise and I'm already down 12 pounds. Life changer! B)
  • Fabulousme15
    Options
    that is awesome! Exercise is important, what kind of exercises are you doing and how many minutes a day would you say you put into your exercise? I'm just now getting in the car do or long walks.

• Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I mix up walking and bicycling. I can walk on lunch breaks and I have a treadmill. I have parks I can bike in and I can also make my bike stationary. Both are low impact, which is a bonus. At my weight, they burn a load of calories! :smiley:

Welcome aboard and remember to make this feel fun and it will be! My proudest moments are when I can push harder than ever before.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This site works if you trust it. I've been on here for 13 months and counting calories for 16 months (used another site before). In 16 months I've lost 35lbs. I didn't lose anything over the winter since I was sick all the time and didn't really care what I was eating. I'm now lower than my pre-baby weight. My kids are 2 and 4. Working on my quitting smoking weight that I put on like 7 years ago.
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love the app, it keep me on track every day, and I can plan my meals a training in so I know when I train hard I can eat well.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Ive been using mfp faithfully for almost a year (check out my streak ;) ) and I am down 112 pounds :)
  • Fabulousme15
    Options
    Wow guys! thank you so much! My goal is 45 / 50 pounds to lose. I'm at my highest I ever been And this winter did not help I live in Ohio and the winter weather kept me unmotivated. thank you all for the positive feedback! I see people becoming friends on here how do you become a friend?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love the app. I've been using it consistently for almost 2 years, and lost more than 70 pounds (and kept it off). My only advice is that if you are HONEST with yourself (using it consistently, and logging EVERYTHING you eat) you will lose weight. Good luck, and welcome to MFP!
  • Fabulousme15
    Options
    Davis_em you are so right about being honest and logging in everything I even have a snack at night and I still don't go over my calories now