breakfast ideas?

Options
Britknenicole
Britknenicole Posts: 11 Member
What are some different things you eat for breakfast? That's the hardest meal for me. I need some ideas!! Help<3

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple....
    Having greek yogurt, delicious protein packed and will keep me full. I often skip breakfast but have been hungry this week so it's yogurt or some other protein.
  • Britknenicole
    Options
    Yeah I just started eating breakfast bars. I haven't tried yogurt.. Was just trying to get a little more variety besides the same ol bars. :smiley:
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I eat scrambled eggs with spinach, kale, mushrooms, garlic, and one serving of sausage. I cook everything on Sunday and reheat every morning. (I'm at work before 6AM, so I have zero time to prep anything before I leave the house.)

I've also done greek yogurt with granola, FiberOne Muffins, hardboiled eggs, oatmeal with nut butter, egg and bacon sandwiches.
  • bad_w0lf
    bad_w0lf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with Greek yogurt are really good and super convenient to have since you can make them the night before and grab them on your way out the door in the morning. There's recipes for a ton of different options for this.

The recipe for the ones I've been making this week is:
    1/3 C peanut butter granola
    1/2 C plain Greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon honey
    1/4 C milk (any kind- I've used both whole and almond)
    1/2 C frozen strawberries and bananas
    With the almond milk- this is 324 calories

I also like to make breakfast sandwiches using Fiber One whole wheat English Muffins. They're 100 calories each. You can add sliced banana and some peanut butter on it (adds another 200 calories). You can also make any style of egg and add cheese and veggies if you wanted something less sweet. Breakfast burritos could work the same way- I like Joseph's flax seed products (pitas, wraps, lavash) because they are low calorie and low carb and satisfy my need for bread :D
  • Britknenicole
    Options
    Those are great ideas!!! You guys are awesome.
  • kern11
    kern11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    -40g oatmeal with a 1/2 serving of sugar free maple syrup mixed in..... then a protein shake with it too
  • meiellie
    meiellie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sometimes I will put in some frozen berries (blueberries or raspberries), or a banana, 8oz of unsweetened almond milk and a scoop of vanilla protein powder and make a smoothie. I can then get dressed for work at the same time as I am "drinking"my breakfast. having a bit of protein at each meal keeps you from getting hungry.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    There was a great breakfast thread awhile back with lots of good recipes if you do a search I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas. I like to have waffles, muffins, oats, etc that I prep on the weekend and bring to work with me.
  • pgilly81
    pgilly81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    in a muffin tin i bake a dozen eggs with different meats and veggies and have 2 every morning for breakfast
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I second Greek yogurt! Yum. And eggbeaters. I like to have a string cheese, because I LOVE CHEESE. Fruit. Oatmeal. Mmmm....
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Cream of rice with cinnamon and organic sugar (or equal packets if you want to watch calories) and earth balance are a winner for me.
  • RRB2000
    RRB2000 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I buy low fat waffles for the toaster, use light cool whip instead of syrup, and add a tablespoon of chocolate chips on top, or fruit like bananas or strawberries. I'm addicted to it actually...so good! Another really good idea is a wheat tortilla, add a tablespoon of peanut butter, spread it over the tortilla, add a half of banana and chocolate chips on one side, fold it over, and put on the stove for a few minutes. The bananas get soft, the chips melt, and the tortilla gets a little crispy. SO GOOD, and filling.
  • theston412
    theston412 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This morning I had quaker maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal. I originally made it for my daughter, and tested it to make sure it wasn't too hot for her. It was pretty damn good, so I made myself some. using 2% milk instead of water, it's 240 calories. 4.5 hours later, and I'm still satiated.

I know it's not the very best option, but I will definitely have it again.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter sandwich and cup of coffee just about every day. 40 cal bread and I weigh out the pb. Nummy!
  • theston412
    theston412 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I have a peanut butter sandwich and cup of coffee just about every day. 40 cal bread and I weigh out the pb. Nummy!

I would eat PB with every meal.

When I was pregnant I used to eat it with a spoon, right out of the container.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    theston412 wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »

I would eat PB with every meal.

When I was pregnant I used to eat it with a spoon, right out of the container.

LOL, I would if I could. Everyone in my whole extended family has some everyday! (minus my husband who doesn't like peanut butter...It's just so embarrassing :( )

;)
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast with a heaping cup of hot coffee. Some of my favortites are:
    - Friendship whipped cottage cheese with berries
    - Fat free Ricotta cheese with berries and honey drizzle
    - Trader joes maple pecan granola (has a lot of calories so def measure) with european style yogurt
    - Whole wheat low carb bread (arnold or pepperidge farm make one where 2 - 3 slices is less than 80 calories)
    -- With egg whites, tomato slice, spinach and mustard
    -- Egg whites, slice of munster cheese, lettuce, and mustard
    -- Toasted with Peanut or almond butter and banana
    - Oatmeal with any fruit and honey
    - Cereal with unsweetened almond milk.
    - - For cereal make sure that there are at least 5 grams of fiber and less than 6 grams of sugar. Or just cheat and have more sugar but allow that to be a treat.