Just keep going! 5'7" - 50 pounds down (pics)

Options
infinikitty
infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
Great things take time...just keep at it! Your healthier and stronger body is waiting!!

The side by side is from mid-March to mid-May last year, and the solo photo is me yesterday, almost a year later. I'm down 50 pounds and almost 40 inches, 4 (almost 5!) sizes, and I'm not done yet! 5'7" Starting weight 214.7, current weight 164.5.

wttp5kzo70om.jpg

lydehhddqh9y.jpg

Replies

• infinikitty
    Options
    Sorry my current pic is so big :-(
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Very nice progress ^^. what is your method?
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • meiellie
    meiellie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wonderful job! I am proud of you! xx (east coast of Canada)
  • kb2699
    kb2699 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done! I started at 190 and am aiming for 154 (I'm 5'6'') so it's great to see some pics of someone who's achieved that amount of loss. Thanks :)
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats way to go
  • sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting that! I was already getting discouraged because I haven't lost ANY weight in over 10 days. I know I'm being impatient, but it helps so much to see your results over a long period... Congrats on a job well done!!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Bravo-you look great!!! Can you tell us how you have done it? Did you start off running and how many calories per day?
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    SO great!! You're just the motivation I need this morning. Congrats on your transformation!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I started out with the 21 Day Fix then did T25. I've been just watching my portions and balancing my nutrition ever since! I still eat pizza, drink wine and beer, and love chicken wings haha. I started running a few years ago, but was never any good at it. As my endurance and strength grew, I was able to run longer distances for longer periods of time! I ran my first half marathon last November! I like to keep at about 1600 calories, but there are many days I eat 2000. I feel my body works better when I change things up :-)
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're my motivation for today! I'm in pretty much the same place - 5' 7", at 206 now, aiming to get to around 160 or so. (I'm 20 years older than you, though!) Just started over again on Monday. Trying to maintain the logging and have been walking my dog for at least an hour a day, aiming to return to the gym soon. Heard a great quote recently that I'll share with everyone out there, like me, who have done this over and over again: "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." Very true! My new mantra as I get dragged around the neighborhood by my awesome, but insane and overly energetic puppy!! : )
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great!
  • beachlover0103
    beachlover0103 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just what I needed as I start back here again after being away for awhile. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. but I'm 5'4".
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Feel free to friend me so we can keep each other motivated! I need to get back on track to get to my ultimate goal of 150!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!