Red line on stomach from sitting

Options
I get this long red vertical line when sitting down (rolls of fat pushing together)

Does this mean I have to much fat on my stomach? Or is this something that I shouldn't be thinking about?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Everybody gets those body crease marks when sitting down. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have too much fat. But it doesn't mean you don't have too much fat either.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My sister gets that, she's a normal to slim weight. It can be caused by posture, clothing, or the shape of your body, and isn't a clear indicator of your size (I am considerably heavier and I don't get 'the line'.)

It's better to go by how you look/feel, or maybe get your body fat % checked if you want.
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Everybody gets those body crease marks when sitting down. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have too much fat. But it doesn't mean you don't have too much fat either.

Lol, yes. I guess it would be hard to say if I have too much or not without seeing it.
    So even if I lose weight around my stomach I'll still get it?

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wait, vertical? Mine are horizontal!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Vertical? I have no idea.

Horizontal, caused by skin folds from fat or poor posture or both.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I get them, but they are horizontal. And I don't have much fat on my stomach area, it could just be from the way you're sitting.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Lol, yes. I guess it would be hard to say if I have too much or not without seeing it.
    So even if I lose weight around my stomach I'll still get it?

My crystal ball is in the shop for repairs so I can't tell you for sure but odds are you will have some sort of mark after sitting. Anytime there is pressure against your skin you get a mark. Haven't you ever had sock marks on your legs?
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever have had a vertical red line on my stomach was when I was pregnant. And I have all kinds of rolls when I sit.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that you are talking about "rolls of fat" is more of an indication.