Fitbit vs jawbone UP?

Options
I am considering buying either the Fitbit or a Jawbone. Costco sells both and I have been pricing and trying to compare gadgets. Jawbone UP is $48 and Fitbit Flex is $97 or Fitbit Charge for $125. Anyone have feedback on them?

Replies

• Ashleymc44
    Ashleymc44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had jawbone for two years and Fitbit for two days. Didn't like how Fitbit felt on my wrist, and I didn't like how either looked. After 2 years, my jawbone broke internally. Now I bought the withings activité Pop analog watch that just came on the market. That's my favorite tracker!
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge HR and LOVE it, but I've never tried Jawbone so can't comment on any differences. I do love the vibrating alarm on my fitbit but I don't know if Jawbone has that.

Also I find the snap lock close on the fitbit flex really difficult to manage. I gave my flex to my friend after 2 weeks and upgraded to the fitbit charge HR that has a buckle instead because I couldn't close the flex without my husband to help me. However I have muscular dystrophy which has weakened my fingers considerably so this may be totally irrelevant to you.

Good luck - You'll love it no matter what you choose!!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Flex - found it to be so inaccurate in measuring steps, stair counts, sleep...I finally just tossed it in the trash. I wouldn't waste my money on this one.
  • Rilef
    Rilef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex, and love it. That said, I hate the rubbery plastic thing for your wrist. But, since the tracker is tiny, I usually just slip it into my pocket, or a small little pouch keychain if I have my keys on me.
  • 1supermomee
    1supermomee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my Jawbone Up. I know I would not wear the Fitbit just because of the size. I do feel like Fitbit has a more welcoming online community though, maybe it is just me. Jawbone does have a vibrating alarm to wake and to tell you to get up and walk. So far I am pleased with Jawbone and I have several very fit coworkers who have had theirs for years with no complaints.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Had my jawbone up for a few months now and had no problems. Step counting seems fairly accurate and is a great motivator. My only niggle is even the largest one is slightly too small for me (but in fairness I do have massive wrists)

The Charge HR would be my choice from the Fitbit range as all the others I tried I was unhappy with the wristbands security and was concerned about losing them off my wrist (the HR has a proper strap)

HTH
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I hate wearing anything on my wrist so I have a Fitbit One, which is can wear on a waistband, stick in my pocket, etc.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've only used a fitbit flex but I love it! especially syncing it up with mfp so I don't have to log my exercise. and I find it fun to check my app every now and then to see how many calories I've burned and steps I've taken.
  • Drayface15
    Drayface15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! I don't know anyone who has a jawbone so its good to know that there are happy jawbone users out there.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've had jawbone since xmas and love it. I hated the way Fitbit looked. The UP24 has a sleeker look to it.
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is a better quality product with a company that will stand the test of time. Jawbone is a company in a lot of financial trouble right now, postponing their one product that can compete with others the UP3. I think if a company goes out of business at some point their trackers will not function with their corresponding systems.
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have used a FitBit (One and Force) from 2012 until last October, I switched to the UP24 for 6 months. The battery stopped accepting a charge, so I went and returned it and got the FitBit Charge. I really like the stairs-counting on the FitBit. Having used both - I prefer the FitBit. The UP requires that you connect the UP to your phone or computer to sync; the UP24 has bluetooth capability.
  • DeanaM2015
    DeanaM2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone and I LOVE it !
  • memorymom2
    memorymom2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the fitbit force and loved it for the most part. but then i was one of the unlucky people that had an allergic reaction to it & had to return it. i have been researching other trackers but non of them have everything i want and i have to admit non of them are very stylish. I am thinking about trying the fitbit HR. but still researching
  • Chiema
    Chiema Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone and Fitbit One. The Fitbit is definitely a better product. There is a larger community base and the app with is better than the Jawbone. I would give Fitbit two thumbs up!
  • Drayface15
    Drayface15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you all sharing your thoughts and opinions.
  • fit_at_fifty
    fit_at_fifty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit flex and had to return two because it would not charge correctly. I now have the Jawbone Up and have done since xmas. It is much better by far. Easier to wear and use (no tapping just press a button) and for the 48 dollar cost it is well worth giving it a shot. Definitely the Jawbone. Good luck :smile:
  • zena_marie
    zena_marie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've got the fitbit flex and I love it. I've not had an issue with accuracy (I'm still losing weight so it's obviously not too far out) and I actually don't think it looks horrendous either. The app works great, the only issue I have is that my old Samsung galaxy s3 mini can't always deal with everything going on so has a tenancy to re start lol
  • Kar10run
    Kar10run Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've got Fitbit charge HR and I love it. It works great with mfp and their own app is great too. Its definitely motivated me more than usual.