wedding blues

Options
So, no I am not gettinf married.....my mom and the man I consider my dad are. Today, my mom is sending my sister and I a bunch of pictures of dresses she wants our opinions on for us to wear.....of course, my sister is anout 60lbs heavier than I am, and can only shop in the Womans sizes. However this has made it extremely difficult to find matching dresses. She refuses to get a "real" bridesmaid dress that has a zipper.....so if it had a zipper its a no go. My mom and i agreed on this beautiful dress that comes in W sizes.....and the zipper is just the length of the chest and it flows from there.....i have a large chest so I can get the smallest size and it will work. NOPE! My sister throws a tizzy and my mom orders this print dress that the smallest is 1X, which swims on me......I want to cry because the wedding is only 2 months away, I feel almost like I am screwed! How will it look in 2 months??? They know how hard I am working to lose weight.....i am so upset and sad righr now....UGH. HELP!

Replies

• cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    See if you can get yours altered/taken in to fit you! Any local seamstress shops or bridal shops would probably do it for you, or maybe where you bought it from? That way you will be wearing what they want but it will fit you better. If you're losing weight maybe alter it closer to the actual wedding date. Don't let family drama get you down :)
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Take it to be altered. .....you'll look awesome in it!
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Its not that kind of dress......its a cheap dress from J.C.Penney.....it looks like a night gown, or a dress u wear over you swimsuit bc u are ashamed of your body........