My company had pizza for lunch yesterday

Options
MamaOfThree88
MamaOfThree88 Posts: 54 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
and I had brought my chicken and brussel sprouts. Let me say, that pizza crust smelled so good, but my chicken/brussel sprouts made me feel so much better than what I would have n 3 - 4 pieces of pizza.

I was asked by some of my coworkers why no pizza, I simply replied and said "no thanks, I brought my own lunch"

Temptation was there, but I overcame it and felt proud. Last time we had pizza, I would've scarfed down 3-4 slices.

That's a success in my book :) Small but a good success

Replies

• crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Excellent. I know the temptation is super hard. If I know pizza will be around, I bring a huge salad I need to eat first so I don't have room for 4 slices. That helps. I can't eliminate anything or I binge. So finding your own way to deal with it ensures a long term success. Go you!
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • kern11
    kern11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    my work is constantly bringing donuts and ordering pizza or ordering in food and when I bring my own lunch..which I have every day for a while now... it makes it so much easier! I love having a plan and feeling the success of sticking to it :)
  • epd17
    epd17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know how hard that is! The fact that you ate your lunch should tell you that you are focused and committed. Nicely done!

I feel like the office is always full of candy and junk. On Monday we are having a baby shower for a few women here. They are ordering a Ben and Jerry's sheet cake. Dear God keep me strong!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Well done, it is really hard to resist things like that. Sometimes it's just social pressure/ joining in as much as actually wanting the food as well! You are winning with that willpower.
  • silviaG07
    silviaG07 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!! Take it as one day at a time and one small change at a time.
  • misskitty2018
    misskitty2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    omg! what willpower!
  • Mark_on_a_Mission
    Mark_on_a_Mission Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great willpower MamaOfTwo20! It is similar where I work, ocassionally pizza is brought in. I used to think of things like that in terms of not only taste (I love pizza!) but also value..... telling myself that as it is free, it is better value to eat more!

However, like you I always bring my own lunch now - and although the smell makes me wish I was eating pizza, when it's all gone I'm pleased with myself as the temptation has passed :)
  • sheliss
    sheliss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. Your timing is perfect as my office is offering pizza today. I've been wavering about eating that instead of the healthy lunch I packed. Now I'm set to go with just eating what I packed, and knowing I'll be happy with that decision later. thank you!
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! good job :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me sad....
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my crack! When work brings in pizza I usually eat less of a breakfast, eat 2-3pcs for lunch, and then a low cal dinner. I get to enjoy pizza and am still within my cal limits.
  • TanyaInTX
    TanyaInTX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have to have my pizza! I just limit the amount and how many times a month I have it now. I also order thin crust and never eat the top part of the crust. I allow myself the extra calories for that meal whenever I decide to have it. Congrats on eating the healthy lunch that you brought with you though, I know its tough! :-)
  • MamaOfThree88
    MamaOfThree88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ndj1979, don't be sad! I'm on a strict gluten-free diet due to my autoimmune disease so the Domino's they brought in wouldn't satisfy my gluten free lifestyle!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Good job! We had pizza at my job today too. I ate four delicious slices, and logged them. Diner is gonna need to be be light but I have no regrets. :)
  • tinker431
    tinker431 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    and I had brought my chicken and brussel sprouts. Let me say, that pizza crust smelled so good, but my chicken/brussel sprouts made me feel so much better than what I would have n 3 - 4 pieces of pizza.

I was asked by some of my coworkers why no pizza, I simply replied and said "no thanks, I brought my own lunch"

Temptation was there, but I overcame it and felt proud. Last time we had pizza, I would've scarfed down 3-4 slices.

That's a success in my book :) Small but a good success

• tinker431
    tinker431 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Resisting Germain is a Hugh success... that's my main problem while on a diet. . You should be very proud. .
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this thread makes me sad....

Me too
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Excellent choice! Now you don't have to feel like crap later/be bloated/have greasy food blowing through you like a freight train!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!