Heavy metal power lifters wanted

Options
power_metal_maniac
power_metal_maniac Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Haha no pun intended. As the title states, I'm looking to meet others who are into powerlifting and go super saiyan level 3 when their favorite metal tune comes on while they're training. Bands like Napalm Death, Repulsion, Broken Hope get me all pumped up before the altar (my affectionate name for the squat rack).

Replies

• gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I need metal daily. I usually take mine in the form of Slayer and barbells.
  • timwaagh
    timwaagh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love slayer too. I'll soon start lifting again. its about time.
  • AnjaIsaBody
    AnjaIsaBody Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sorry not a power lifter - but I had to respond to this because I JUST had a discussion about this with my friend - she's adamant that the best workout music is house music...i told her she's nuts...the Band i work out to isn't mainstream so people here probably haven't heard of them - they're called Caym (i'm wearing their shirt in my profile pic) but I thought it was funny this was posted today literally 5 minutes after I finished my conversation with her! Love it! Keep it heavy \m/
  • power_metal_maniac
    Options
    @gonnasnap that's what I'm talking about. Show No Mercy is such an appropriate phrase for training haha. @timwaagh do it man don't hold out too long. You need to walk in that gym like a boss! @anjalsabody I guess it's all psychological with what sound motivates someone during a work out haha I even had some guy tell me once he enjoyed working out to classical music; he had freakin Wagner blasting on his head set. I suppose working out to Carl Orff's soundtrack to Excalibur wouldn't be a bad idea. This band Caym, I'll see if they have anything on online. I'm always looking for cult bands. Thanks for posting.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been using Slayer, Lamb of God and Hatebreed for my prowler pushes and it pushes me to the edge of wishing I was dead. For just lifting I usually fall back on the Cancer Bats, Pantera or the Welch Boys and if I'm feeling nostalgic I'll jam some old Sepultura or Death Angel
  • power_metal_maniac
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about man! Pantera always gets me tearing it up in the gym as does Sepultura's Beneath the Remains.
  • AnjaIsaBody
    AnjaIsaBody Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @power_metal_maniac if you like pantera, you will like Caym for sure...www.caymmetal.com - you can download their songs for free pretty much lol they're on tour right now in Canada
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I don't power lift but I listen to the last three albums from As I Lay Dying onshuffle, and non one else during my workouts. Not the same category as yours, but good enough for me
  • Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Am not training at the moment, purely due to finances but Metal is the best music to work out too...

Everything from Annihilator's Army of one to Pantera's Walk and everything in between!
  • timwaagh
    timwaagh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    haha mostly going to do that from home. at the nearest gym the weights are usually taken. but my power rack will arrive tomorrow so then I'll start.