Same breakfast?

I have been noticing that I am eating pretty much the exact same breakfast most days of the week. Occasionally, I will change the fruit or I might go out for brunch but other than that, it is the exact same thing.

Anyone else do that? I am assuming this isn't a problem, as it is a good breakfast.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Why would it be a problem?

Most people are creatures of habit...

During the week I eat pretty much the same thing...either scrambled eggs and pinto beans or scrambled eggs and oat or scrambled eggs and toast. I branch out a bit on the weekends when I have more time to cook in the morning.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I go through periods of doing this. Right now I am changing it up a little, but for the longest time, I was just eating oatmeal and egg white mcmuffins in the morning during the week. Smoked salmon on Thursdays.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    i eat the same breakfast most days. no issues.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    I go through lengthy periods of time when I basically eat the same foods every day for all my meals and snacks. It makes meal planning and grocery shopping easy. I eat it until I get tired of it then I change things up a bit.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I eat the same things until the package is empty. Different foods through the day, though.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I go through lengthy periods of time when I basically eat the same foods every day for all my meals and snacks. It makes meal planning and grocery shopping easy. I eat it until I get tired of it then I change things up a bit.

This is pretty much what I do too.

• Christophe2Fit
    Christophe2Fit Posts: 26 Member
    I do eat the same breakfast all the time, I find it the best way!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I eat the same breakfast nearly every day right now. I like being able to just copy it over and then adjust the quantity of fruit.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    So much easier to have the same thing for breakfast most days. simply grab and go no having to think or make another decision. No option paralysis! I can't stand to eat the same dinner over and over but breakfast - hey its easy!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Hi other Carla lol. I never have time to make anything in the morning, so I just buy a variety of protein bars & that's what I eat before work. I don't see anything wrong with it, & getting different brands keeps me from getting tired of the same thing. Weekends I will make eggs which I look forward to so much!!!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2015
    Have to have my yogurt with 1/4 cup high protein cereal mixed in it everyday! makes it easy to track my calories too!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    I do this. I have a few things that are on regular rotation. Logging breakfast is the easiest meal for me as I can usually reuse yesterday's meal or tweak yesterday's meal or find one item and it gives me options for things I frequently eat with that item.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Carla2299 wrote: »
    I have been noticing that I am eating pretty much the exact same breakfast most days of the week. Occasionally, I will change the fruit or I might go out for brunch but other than that, it is the exact same thing.

Anyone else do that? I am assuming this isn't a problem, as it is a good breakfast.

I do this! I recently tried changing things up a bit but I miss my same old same old breakfast. I think it's comforting and predictable. Boring but yummy.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast every day. To be honest I am really tired of eggs and bacon now and have been sticking to oatmeal, but I lack protein in it which is a bummer! I have to find another way to get some protein in ...
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I eat the same two breakfasts most days, if I'm having breakfast. I like it, it's quick and easy, and it both fits in my calorie goals and helps me perform later at the gym. Meh.
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    I never thought of doing that for snacks and it would definitely help for grocery shopping/prep! It seems to be only breakfast that I do the same thing all the time. No idea why.

Thanks!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    I switch between two standbys: oatmeal with peanut butter some days, cottage cheese others. After three months I'm not bored.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    I make and weigh out 5 portions of steel cut oats with quinoa on Sunday night. Then each morning I just reheat a portion, add fresh yogurt, banana, honey, and some chia or hemp seeds and I'm done. Its tasty, easy to make, and easy to log.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    I eat the same breakfast M-Friday. I have a protein bar and a cup of coffee. I bring an apple and string cheese for a snack. I don't have to think. And most days I have the same lunch. I have lost 30 pounds. I vary dinners and meals on the weekends. For me, it's about being easy.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I also eat the same breakfast M-F and sometimes on weekends. It just saves me a little logging time and I don't have to think much at 5:30 a when I am trying to wake up. I will also often eat the same lunch for 2-3 days in a row. Good thing I like my own cooking. :)