Over calories, middle of the day..!

Options
Okay so I made mistakes eating and I'm -235. My daily goal is 1,250..
It's only 11:50am and I know I'm gonna need to eat something during the day (I'm at school until 9pm). What do I do!?

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You eat , don't skimp on food because you're over. One day or so is not going to ruin all your hard work. Start fresh tomorrow.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself and don't binge just because you're already over. Just make sure to stick to your goals for the rest of the day.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Try to fit in some sort of physical activity if you can. Go on a walk or a quick jog to earn some calories for a small meal. If you don't have time for it, then make up for the calories tomorrow.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Try to fit in some sort of physical activity if you can. Go on a walk or a quick jog to earn some calories for a small meal. If you don't have time for it, then make up for the calories tomorrow.

Yup-this-walk, walk, walk while you are there and you will burn off some and not feel so bad about eating-
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    ^ What they said, and reevaluate your setting to make sure 1250 is realistic and appropriate for your goals.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Yep, what everyone else said. Have that "sensible dinner" of Slim-Fast commercial fame, log it, and move on. Tomorrow, reevaluate your calorie goals to be sure they're appropriate and sustainable.
  • shapenerfiterratii
    shapenerfiterratii Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Yep, what everyone else said. Have that "sensible dinner" of Slim-Fast commercial fame, log it, and move on. Tomorrow, reevaluate your calorie goals to be sure they're appropriate and sustainable.

Thanks. They're appropriate, I had a little too many chips and chocolate so it's my fault XD
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Guessing you picked 2 lbs a week. And since it's 1250, you probably do get the 1000 deficit. So right now, you still have a deficit today of 765. If you eat <765, you'll have created a deficit today (just a smaller one than targeted). If you eat 765 more today, you'll have no deficit, but no overage either. If you eat even more, you'll have a small overage... which will still amount to no weight gain. (You'd need to eat 3500 + 765 to pack on even 1 lb.) And if you exercise, that all changes in your favour.

So yes, eat! Nothing bad will happen. And you can make different choices tomorrow.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »

Thanks. They're appropriate, I had a little too many chips and chocolate so it's my fault XD

It's so easy to do!
    Pre-logging food that i know i am going to eat helps me. I know how much of X I can have, and if I'm feeling froggy even how much extra X I can have if I sacrifice a little of Y later in the day. I'm not saying whip out your phone at the table, but if in the AM you know you want fries for lunch, chuck it in there.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Guessing you picked 2 lbs a week. And since it's 1250, you probably do get the 1000 deficit. So right now, you still have a deficit today of 765. If you eat <765, you'll have created a deficit today (just a smaller one than targeted). If you eat 765 more today, you'll have no deficit, but no overage either. If you eat even more, you'll have a small overage... which will still amount to no weight gain. (You'd need to eat 3500 + 765 to pack on even 1 lb.) And if you exercise, that all changes in your favour.

So yes, eat! Nothing bad will happen. And you can make different choices tomorrow.

This is an excellent point!! I ate a much bigger lunch than usual today. Will get some of it back in exercise tonight. But was thinking I would really have to cut dinner down. Right now that seems to not be an issue. But it is worth considering that with my current settings for a 2 pound a week loss, a 500 calorie overage is still a deficit. Thanks you for pointing that out. :)
  • ChickenLittle1121
    ChickenLittle1121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't panic about it! Overages happen, and it's probably a good thing to learn how to deal with them now because, let's face it, you aren't going to be at/under your goal every day for the rest of your life. Try to get some activity in to negate the overage, and DEFINITELY DO NOT deprive yourself of food for the rest of the day. Your body needs fuel, even if the numbers don't quite add up to what you'd like them to.