Probably a stupid question

Options
I have around 250cals left for the day after eating my dinner and will shortly be doing some zumba which will give me about 200 exercise cals to eat.

My question is this...is it ok to use some of those calories on chocolate? I have been under by about 100cals each day this week as I have not felt hungry and don't want to eat for the sake of it but tonight I really fancy some chocolate. But it somehow feels wrong to bump up my daily cals with bad stuff.
I don't want to have it though if it will jeopodise my weight loss this week.

I'm just curious to see what people use their left over calories on if they have them also.

Thanks, Leah

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Of course you can!!!

You are allowed to spend your calories as you see fit! Have a bowl of ice cream, have some chocolate, have a drink if you like.

Hooray for freedom!
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Go for it! :D That's the glory of extra calories... :)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. If you have the calories go for it!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people asking questions. :bigsmile: j/j

Hell yes girl. Have some chocolate. You can't deprive yourself for the rest of your life. Just keep it in moderation.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You certainly can! We are allowed to 'spend' our calories as we see fit. Enjoy :smile:
  • EricaSno28
    EricaSno28 Posts: 20
    Options
    The only stupid questions is the question not answered!!!!!!!!!! Go for it! You deserve it!
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    I would say that moderation is the key. I will have one of those Hershey's Minitures at 40 cals. They seem to satisfy my chocolate craving.

My protein powder is also chocolate flavored...mix it with some milk.

I will sometimes also go with a milk shake (sugar free ice cream) with a serving of Hershey's Syrup (50 cals for the syrup)....

I try not to splurge more than once a day and only in moderation....

Just some thoughts....
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think the occassional treat within your daily goals is perfectly OK. I couldn't live a life where chocolate is not allowed. I understand your concerns though. I am zigzaging my calories and on high calorie days, I don't know what to do with myself. I have plenty of cals to eat whatever I want, but I don't want to load up on junk just because.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    have some dark chocolate so that it will not undo all the good you're doing for your body!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    yes and enjoy it ... slowly and taste how wonderful it feels... you earned it ... just dont over do it : )
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I have some chocolate every day. Every damn day. I don't go buy a cake or anything. But me+chocolate=happiness. And isn't that really the point?
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely have some chocolate, but maybe balance it out with some mixed nuts, or some veggies, too? Of course you can spend your calories the way you like, just remember everything in moderation, but by all means, don't deprive or you'll more than likely pay later. Enjoy! =)
  • catgoodey
    catgoodey Posts: 15
    Options
    if all you ate your calories on was chocolate then that would be bad, but seeing as you have extra calories you need to eat up then go fot it! if you end the day under on your calories too often you head toward starvation mode so if your little treat tops your energy back up then do it. i often do and it doesn't hurt to budget a treat into your week/day to keep you happy. if a girl can't have chocolate now and again what's the point!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Have it! Lifestyle change not a diet - have a small piece not a huge one :laugh:
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sabvit
    sabvit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not a stupid question at all. If we had all the answers, we'd all be skinny!

In my experience, if I deprive myself of something I enjoy, it's just a matter of time and I'm going to have it. The problem is when I give in to the craving, I am out of control and will have too much. Then the guilt comes in.

If you have the calories available, enjoy it guilt free!
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh PS I highly reccomend those little individual squares of Dove dark chocolate. Yuummie!:happy:
  • leshagen
    leshagen Posts: 36
    Options
    Enjoy your chocolate girfriend....dark is best.....and have one for me :D
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    absolutely!! Just count them like you would anything else!! Have at it!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go all out and have a full size candy bar, but a small size snack one to kill your craving (dark chocolate) is okay. If you have calories and fat left on your food diary fill it up with something good for you (fruit or veggie) and then savor the small bit of chocolate. You don't want to undermine what you already have done so well.