So it Begins

Options
My name is Kelli, home to me is Mansfield TX. I hadn't realized just how bad it was getting until I wen't to the doctoros and got weighed. So my current weight at that time was 280.Everyone was actually skeptical when I told them but I was mortified. It's crazy because I never noticed it happening in the past 4 years when my family life was stressing me out beyond belief . Fortunately I'm in a better place mentally now. The good thing is I'm naturally a very outdoorsy and active person. Being overweight has hindered a lot of my activtities and only made my serious anxiety problems worse. So far I've been monitering (actually paying attention) my eating habits and I've lost 10lbs in the past month thanks to MFP! So I'm hoping this will keep up, but I know eventually I'll need some excercising routine, but I don't know where to start with that besides just walking/jogging. Which is not always practical for my schedule. I probly should sicne I have two german shepherds. xD They're good motivation...

But I'm hoping to make some friends who understand of course and help me figure out some good exercises and help. :)

Replies

• lexilee1212
    Options
    I am right there with you girlfriend! Add me...I'm here in North Fort Worth. :)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family and congratulations on your initial loss.

Just a few words of advice: It all seems easy at first but it will become more difficult with time, and I guarantee that you will get frustrated at some point and will probably consider giving up. All I can say is stick to it. The program works and there is an excellent support network here that you can rely on when things get difficult.
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi there... that's one thing I'm learning about this site is there is a lot of support and motivation. There are some great exercises I'm learning that you can do with the resitance bands that are easy to do, take about 12-18 miuntes a day for strength training (not to mention toning and shaping everything). I'm a very outdoors oriented person myself and found that my weight gain hendered me as well, one of the reasons I'm determined to get in shape a friend gave me 2 2year quarter horses recently as I used to train horses regularly. By time I have them ready to be rode I'm determined I'll be the weight I need to be to safely ride them for the first time, safe for me and them as well. Please feel free to add me.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great introduction - good luck in meeting your fitness goals! I don't offer much unsolicited advice, but adding "friends" on MFP has made me more accountable and makes it so much more fun to sign on every day - highly recommended! Please feel free to add me if you'd like. :flowerforyou:

BTW, love your dog! German Shepherds are just the best!
  • kellehbell
    kellehbell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Yes, I am getting into training PSA with my german shepherd puppy which is Protection Sports Association, I'd love to lose weight before I ever have to trial in front of people. Thankfully everyone is nice there and don't really care at all. :)

I definately expect it, when I was working at my internship a few months back I got into a really good groove, then our hours were up and then graduated. Since I didn't get a job imediately it all came back when I had nothing to do so I got really angry at myself.