compression tank recommendations?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
After 4 large babies, and too much excess weight, I have alot of excess skin on my stomach.

I've been wearing a cheap compression tank from Wal-Mart while I run to help hold everything steady.

I'm in the market for a new one and was hoping someone could recommend a good one. With extra firm control, lol!

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    When I first saw this, my mind first went to decompression chambers.

I was like.....so this is the new diet fad, eh? Then I read your post twice, because the first time I read it I was thinking the whole time about how on earth a decompression chamber would make one lose weight.

Now I feel silly.
  • aliaslocke
    aliaslocke Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I was like.....so this is the new diet fad, eh? Then I read your post twice, because the first time I read it I was thinking the whole time about how on earth a decompression chamber would make one lose weight.

Now I feel silly.

I actually thought the same thing.
  • mkakids
    Options
    ^^^ lol! Maybe I should have titled it shape wear or something.
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the answers you get. I've also had 4 big babies, lost 100+lbs and I run too. Cheers!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Definitely spanx - also check out macy's - spanx makes a line just for them.
  • mkakids
    Options
    Definitely spanx - also check out macy's - spanx makes a line just for them.

I'm not a fan of spanx. I don't think it's very firm control.
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options

Now I feel silly.

Not just you. It's a tank top.
  • mkakids
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »

Now I feel silly.

Not just you. It's a tank top.

Which people regularly call tanks.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    It's never dawned on me to wear shapewear while exercising, though....in my mind, shapewear is for formal body con dresses. Workout clothes are for spandex and relaxed bellehs, but good supportive bras.

And I'm 45 with 3 kids, so I know from droop.
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like Under Armour's compression gear...they have slim selection for bigger women, but I just buy men's instead. The tops are longer in men's anyway and feel better to me. They also seem to breathe well and are pretty good at wicking away moisture.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    that isn't a bad idea...thanks. i might go to academy and get one for myself. thax for the suggestion.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I bought Tommy Copper shorts and top, i like it, but i will wear something over it, it's good compression but i like something less form fitted in public
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I like Under Armour's compression gear...they have slim selection for bigger women, but I just buy men's instead. The tops are longer in men's anyway and feel better to me. They also seem to breathe well and are pretty good at wicking away moisture.

I've never really looked into UA at all, but that might be worth it. I'm usually too long waisted.