I just can't eat enough!

Options
Disclaimer: This is NOT another *eat your exercise calories* post. I swear.

I can't even eat my regular calories. I've never been a big eater, I just ate a lot of crap, partly because I hate cooking. Now that I've cut the fast food out and started working out, I don't even come close to 1200.

My diary isn't open, personal reasons. But today I had a huge egg white omelette. Lunch is a can of tuna with 7 soda biscuits. Snack is a pear. Dinner is grilled halibut and green beans. With my 60 minute workout I just can't eat enough. But I'm FULL. I don't want to eat for the sake of eating. And I literally threw the pear in because of that.

The worst part is, on workout days, I can have McDonalds and STILL be under. Are there any calorie dense foods that aren't a pain in the a**? (someone recommended nuts, but it's too fussy for me. And I'm not a big snacker.)

Replies

• sabl3
    sabl3 Posts: 39
    Options
    As long as you're hitting your 1200kcal a day you're fine. Try increasing your lean meat or have some healthy energy dense foods such as nuts, avocado, fatty fish etc. This will also give you your essential fats. Do not however increase your calories by ingesting empty calories like Macdonalds. Now that doesn't mean you cant have it, just not all the time :) Everybody needs a little junk to not go crazy. Also try some starch vegetables like carrots, potatoes etc. and make sure your meals are balanced.