2 weeks post partum

hey just had my baby girl. Still have about a month to get approval from those. On exercise.. I will start walking next week and eating healthy starting now..

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Congrats on your new baby girl!

Don't be too hard on yourself yet. Yes, it's great to eat healthily, and you can definitely be lightly active during this period. Just don't push yourself too hard, and don't cut calories too drastically. Eat at maintenance calories or just below for a while (unless your're breastfeeding - then you should be eating at or above maintenance depending on activity level), as your body is trying to heal and get over the trauma of giving birth. Get plenty of iron and protein.

Just remember that it took you 9 months to gain all that weight - it's not going to come off overnight!
  • leonmario11
    leonmario11 Posts: 3 Member
    Nice work gurl
  • lindseymichellexox
    lindseymichellexox Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats on your new baby girl!

Don't be too hard on yourself yet. Yes, it's great to eat healthily, and you can definitely be lightly active during this period. Just don't push yourself too hard, and don't cut calories too drastically. Eat at maintenance calories or just below for a while (unless your're breastfeeding - then you should be eating at or above maintenance depending on activity level), as your body is trying to heal and get over the trauma of giving birth. Get plenty of iron and protein.

Just remember that it took you 9 months to gain all that weight - it's not going to come off overnight!

• lindseymichellexox
    lindseymichellexox Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks so much!! I am breastfeeding also..