Question for men regarding change in diet

Options
I am 6', 290 (lost 10 so far!), 25 year old male, really enjoying MFP. I eat about 2200 calories a day. I've been using for MFP for about 3 weeks now, and while I don't know if I'm eating more than I did before, or less (I think more), I have discovered that I get hungry extremely quickly, usually right before lunch and after (I eat a snack, then lunch, and I'm hungry again).

My question is, is this my body reacting to the change of my diet and as time goes on I will adjust? Or am I not eating enough of the right foods. Maybe I'm not eating enough of filling foods, but I am definitely not really putting bad foods into my body.

My diary is public so feel free to look, but its nearly 2, I ate around 11:45, my stomach is growling again.

Your criticisms are welcomed.

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Are you working out at all? If so, you will be hungrier
    Maybe you might want to have a bigger breakfast that's protein heavy. That usually carries me pretty far.
    As long as you are snacking on good healthy foods, you should be ok.
  • hooshtin
    hooshtin Posts: 7
    Options
    I am working out. A little bit of lifting and cardio, but I'm not down to a schedule with that yet. I am a lot more active than before. My friend suggested including oatmeal in my breakfast. I'll try it with more protein. Thanks!
  • redfletch
    redfletch Posts: 8
    Options
    What are your macro Nurtient %'s? I would reccomend something along the line of 30% Carbs/45% protein/25% fats....The protein and fats will leave you more satiated(full for longer). getting hungry every two hours is about right. And yess you should eb eating more food if you are eating the right things. I will eat anywhere from 3500-4500 cals a day with workouts that burn 1000-1800 cals per day. I'm 185 and 8-9% bodyfat. Was 238lbs 18 months ago.
  • Plarmore
    Plarmore Posts: 17
    Options
    Protein, carbs (the good ones), and fiber are what will help you feel full. Plus I eat on schedule every 3 hours. My "snacks" are typically something like a protein bar such as Special K Protein Meal Bar (170 to 180 cal), South Beach Living Protein Bar (about 180 cal) or Kashi GoLean Crunchy bars (150 cal). The Kashi bar in particular keeps me feeling full for quite a while.
  • canmancan
    canmancan Posts: 14
    Options
    I have the same sensation, that is diet change and how fast your body burns certain foods you might have switched to. I have to eat something every 2-3 hours or I am rumbling also. I will have a Myoplex lite bar, or some dried fruit and nuts, etc to keep me going. Also keep that water intake up as it will keep you feeling full and is better for you. Dehydration will cause you to feel hungry.