Need motivation!

Options
I feel like I'm never gonna be a weight I'm happy with, i need to loose about a stone, and tone up. I just always stay the same weight even if I eat loads. I just go on and off dieting day in day out, some days I do good, some days I do good until tea and then eat way too much, others I just eat crap! I can do the exercise, I just can't stop eating junk!! someone help!! anyone who's ony had a bit too loose and tone up any advice or success story for some motivation??

Replies

• cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi. Are you limiting your calories at all on the days when you tend to eat poorly?
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    gotta look at the big picture every time you are about to make a choice of what to eat. Motivation isn't constant, it comes and goes. Dedication is what will get you to your goal so before you shove those twinkies into your mouth (an example) ask yourself if that will get you to your goal. The answer better be No. Learn how to say no to the bad and yes to the good. Fight the doubt in your mind and go to the gym, even if you don't feel like it. Push yourself out of your comfort zone and soon enough, it will become a habit to do. Helps if you have friends you can talk to about your goals and whatnot but I honestly believe it's better to learn on your own since it's never a good thing to be dependent on others all the time. Best of luck.
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey! I really only have about 20lbs to lose (already lost 15) however I would like to lose more if it feels healthy for me. You really have to focus on nutrition. You can workout everyday but without eating well or at least eating a calorie deficit, you will not lose weight. If you eat healthy you will maybe feel like youre losing weight faster because you will probably be bloated a lot less. You really have to set out with a goal and stick to your plan. Persevere through the temptations, trust me it works!!
  • beckiirs92
    beckiirs92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    cbills65 wrote: »
    Hi. Are you limiting your calories at all on the days when you tend to eat poorly?

I tend to start but once I eat something I know is gunna push me over, or mean I can't eat very much the rest of the day i dont put it in.
  • cbills65
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you log your food, try to keep the calories within limits in spite of what you eat. It won't help you be healthier if you continue to eat garbage but if you are just trying to manage on the days you feel like you need to splurge at least you'll feel like you have some kind of control. Maybe you will learn some discipline as you log, realizing that some items are just ridiculously high in calories and maybe you'll want to opt for something healthier. The point is any habit can be broken or changed. You just have to want to do it. And maybe those days when you just have to eat junk will become fewer and farther between. As for exercise, it can be addictive. Find something you enjoy and have some fun with it. If you change things up a little bit you might find you have turned your habits around without feeling like you have sacrificed or are being deprived. My body didn't start changing for the better until I changed my eating habits AND started working out regularly. They worked together to create results for me.
  • cbills65
    edited April 2015
    Options

"I tend to start but once I eat something I know is gunna push me over, or mean I can't eat very much the rest of the day i dont put it in."

^^^ I see. Well, most people on MFP will tell you that the key to taking control of this thing is logging and being very accurate and truthful. Even if it looks bad and is embarassing, log it and be honest. You don't have to share your diary with anyone or make it public for viewing. It's for you to see in black and white so to speak what you are actually consuming. You can see where you are going wrong. If you truly want to lose, you need to get some self control. If you want to TONE up, you need to start lifting weights and find a workout routine. Lots of women on here have great lifting programs they would love to share with you. Just ask around.

Good luck to you, dear. :smiley:
  • beckiirs92
    beckiirs92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I will try to start logging everything, maybe on the days I know i'm not gunna be under 1300, i shoud aim for my rda which is 1700 at least i'm not overeating then i guess makes sence!