Day 1, any recommendations for a mother or a 1 year old & needs to lose 30lb?

Options
I bought an elliptical 2 months ago because I can't go to a gym, but I hadn't used it much until this week. I'm trying not to eat unhealthy food, but idk what else to do to loose the extra weight

Replies

• fallenoaks4
    fallenoaks4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Weigh your foods. Log. Stick to your calorie goal. That's all you need to do to lose weight.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    ^^This...if you don't have a food scale buy one, they aren't cheap. And just move as much as you can, even if you can't get on the elliptical, when it's nice out take your child for a nice walk!
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about "healthy/unhealthy" for now - just make sure you stay within your calories. If something you eat makes you want to eat more then don't eat it of course but other than that just focus on eating the amount of calories you have available to you. Using a scale will be extremely helpful.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Focus on your calorie goal first. Try not to get bogged down in the details. Don't overthink it. Log everything that you eat or drink (weigh and measure your foods and drinks.) Do not overthink it. It's easy to do and get overwhelmed but don't. Focus. You CAN do this!
  • MelissaMyFitness
    MelissaMyFitness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Now I have a use for my food scale! Thank you all!! I have to look at the info on my food a lot more and balance the portions